Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CM Punk Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet and I missed it, but there will be CM Punk chants at some point in Chicago this weekend, bet your bottom dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Monokne wrote: »
    I like the Rollins - Punk dynamic so far. Sure, Triple H is a ready made match, but Seth has sort of organically become this company man over the past year with the Ospreay argument, the comments about Kenny & calling AEW the minor league. Punk as returning saviour against him is a good way to go.

I like the punk part I can't stand Rollins so it's a no from me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

Don't want a Triple H match with Punk or Rollins really.
    Would love some feuds with people who weren't in WWE when he left, assuming he does come back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet and I missed it, but there will be CM Punk chants at some point in Chicago this weekend, bet your bottom dollar.

Seth is pretty much begging for them, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭briany

ThePott wrote: »
    Don't want a Triple H match with Punk or Rollins really.
    Would love some feuds with people who weren't in WWE when he left, assuming he does come back.

Maybe Punk should only agree to come back if Vince (or HHH or Stephanie), agree to become the inaugural member of the CM Punk 'Kiss my Ass' Club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »

I bet he does the GTS.

Lord TSC wrote: »

And it looks terrible.

Backstage had 100k viewers last week.

This week, with CM Punk appearing on WWE TV for the first time in 6 years, it did a colossal......180k viewers.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I like the punk part I can't stand Rollins so it's a no from me on that.

That's the whole point though.

I might be showing my age here, but I still remember the days when you would genuinely like one party and dislike the other from time to time even if you knew it was all a work. How novel it would be for the entire audience to actually be desperate for Punk to win. Plus, having Rollins in there gives him a chance to have a good match on his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That's the whole point though.

I might be showing my age here, but I still remember the days when you would genuinely like one party and dislike the other from time to time even if you knew it was all a work. How novel it would be for the entire audience to actually be desperate for Punk to win. Plus, having Rollins in there gives him a chance to have a good match on his return.

Honestly Rollins as wwe guy vs punk writes itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

J. Marston wrote: »
    Backstage had 100k viewers last week.

This week, with CM Punk appearing on WWE TV for the first time in 6 years, it did a colossal......180k viewers.

Nothing about WWE is a draw any more.

They can have all the surprise returns in the world happen but people won't care because it will just end in 50/50 booking that gets the brand over rather than the workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

randomspud wrote: »
    Nothing about WWE is a draw any more.

They can have all the surprise returns in the world happen but people won't care because it will just end in 50/50 booking that gets the brand over rather than the workers.

If nothing about wwe is a draw how are they still the biggest wrestling company in the world.

To say brand is the draw is totally correct but when it still gets the most ratings/subscriptions to network,raw and smack down you can’t say it’s not a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭ThePott

At the end of the day his 'return' is only on a talk show that's on ridiculously late on a channel people don't really watch.
    Most of the stuff people want is uploaded to Youtube or Twitter.
    There was never going to be a massive jump. I watched Backstage for the first time this week and it's basically a pointless show, not entirely sure if expectations are that high from it for Fox but they probably shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ThePott wrote: »
    At the end of the day his 'return' is only on a talk show that's on ridiculously late on a channel people don't really watch.

It can't be a shock, most sane people don't want to watch a WWE produced talk show where they discuss their own product in a typical kid gloves manner and the co-hosts cut promo's with d-list celebrities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

On Backstage I found Punk to be a bit cringey, awkward, and a bit wooden. If anything, it made me less interested in seeing him return to WWE proper.

Rollins on Punk...
    "Here's someone who's been in the doldrums for the last few years because he got his butt kicked in the Octagon so bad he didn't want to show his face anywhere, now he shows back up on a WWE show. It's called WWE Backstage show. You can say it's an FS1 show all you want, which it is, and you may be paid by FOX, but that show doesn't exist without our company, the company that you left five years ago."

Here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I'd rather watch Punk fight the East Hampton Polo Boys in a Judy Bagwell on a forklift match and then retire for ever than have anything to do with Rollins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

All I want is Punk/AJ as they're not fond of each other at all. A good stiff match between the 2 could be entertaining.

No real interest in Punk outside of that.

I'd rather watch Punk fight the East Hampton Polo Boys in a Judy Bagwell on a forklift match and then retire for ever than have anything to do with Rollins.

A Judy bagwell on a forklift reference :D I love this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Rollins on Punk...

Here we go.

Rollins is such a hateable fcker that this pedestrian trolling might actually work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Sirsok

All I want is Punk/AJ as they're not fond of each other at all. A good stiff match between the 2 could be entertaining.

Ah I'd say they are fond enough of each other considering they are married

I have never heard of this. Any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I want Punk to sit down and do the Graves podcast for the Network shoot on the WWE, Then sue Graves for letting him shoot especially after everything Graves said about Punk.

I...don't think that makes any sense at all

Rollins on Punk...

Here we go.

Seth needs to go away. Fair enough punks UFC didn't go very good but at least he gave it a go. Has Seth ever been in a real fight in his life ?

Edit: just to be clear I think Seth Rollins in the ring is gifted and is a generational talent but recently he's coming across as a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't be calling Seth a generational talent to be honest.

He is a very very good worker but nowhere near what would be called a generational talent.

That would belong to AJ, Bryan and Punk..... Seth is not near that level in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I wouldn't be calling Seth a generational talent to be honest.

He is a very very good worker but nowhere near what would be called a generational talent.

That would belong to AJ, Bryan and Punk..... Seth is not near that level in my opinion.

Agreed. I actually enjoy watching Roman work more for all the grief he got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Seth is ok in the ring but everything else about him is powerfully lame and dorky.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Rollins is best as a heel if anything.

• Advertisement

His voice alone should mean he is never a face. That whiney, nasally horrible voice.

Advertisement