Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing pole

Options
  • 28-01-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anybody no where I can buy a daiwa sr3 whip or a shop with a good selection of poles and whips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

reddevil90 wrote: »
    Does anybody no where I can buy a daiwa sr3 whip or a shop with a good selection of poles and whips.

online is your best bet mate......piece of advice tho, get a pole rather than a whip, gives you more options while fishing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Where in the country are you?
    You are better off buying in an actual shop in Ireland to be honest. Although you will find a very big selection on UK web sites, Poles are very expensive to ship, and are too big for parcel motel to handle.

ring Toomans in carrick on shannon, or Main Irish Angling in dublin. they might be able to sort you out

also, have a look at the coarse fishing forums, most have a tackle for sale section, and there are usually a few poles there for decent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Where are you based ? Most good tackle shops will be able to get one or something similar, but personally I like the Diawa whips, excellent quality

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3 reddevil90

Cheers lads for the advice,im in longford and checked irsh websites and no luck but I will try toomans in carrick not to far from me ,im set on getn one :) dont have any experience with a pole so I will start of with a whip.

reddevil90 wrote: »
    Cheers lads for the advice,im in longford and checked irsh websites and no luck but I will try toomans in carrick not to far from me ,im set on getn one :) dont have any experience with a pole so I will start of with a whip.

to be honest, there is no real advantage of starting off on the whip, as you can just use the first 4-5 sections of a pole.

I would advise buying second hand though, they can take a little bit of getting used to, and you will give it a bit of abuse until you get into the swing if it.

What species would you be fishing for, silver fish or carp? if you want to fish for carp, get one with an elastic rating of 20, as they really pull back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 reddevil90

Yea true ill take your advice all I have to do now is to find a decent one .would b mainly silvers but I would like to get into the carp fishing coz there's a fishery not to far from me.what size of a pole would u recommend for starting off sumtn not to heavy?

look for a pole with a few top kits, at least 2, ideally 3.
    Also, a pole rated at 12 meters, wont be amazing at 12 meters (unless you spend big bucks), but will be very good at 10 meters.
    I would advise getting a pole roller too, nothing too expensive, but something to keep the pole off the ground when shipping out and back.

Im currently using a browning black magic, great pole or the price, got it for 150 second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

I bought poles from sports direct for half nothing and there excellent

Advertisement