Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullock harbour

Options
  • 25-01-2014 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Was thinking off head out bullock to rent a boat this week if get a good day.

Was wondering does anyone know if theres anything around there i catch ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

Seller159 wrote: »
    Was thinking off head out bullock to rent a boat this week if get a good day.

Was wondering does anyone know if theres anything around there i catch ?

Thanks in advance

you cant rent the boats this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

gumpy2 wrote: »
    you cant rent the boats this time of year

Really? Well when can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Yeah both operators are closed for the winter
    Maybe Wicklow Boat Hire are still operating
    Or you can always go inland lakes like Blessington

connel42 wrote: »
    Yeah both operators are closed for the winter
    Maybe Wicklow Boat Hire are still operating
    Or you can always go inland lakes like Blessington

Ok thanks for that.

How much is boat hire in blessinton do you know? Also is there anything be caught up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

Ok thanks for that.

How much is boat hire in blessinton do you know? Also is there anything be caught up there?

blessington you pay by the day 75 quid I think, mainly pike this time of year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Sorry to go off topic but there's feck all up in blessington, all the times I've been I've only ever seen 1 lad catch 1 fish!

gumpy2 wrote: »
    blessington you pay by the day 75 quid I think, mainly pike this time of year

Thats a bit much isnt it? Would it be a big size boat with engine ect or just a small thing do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Thats a bit much isnt it? Would it be a big size boat with engine ect or just a small thing do you know?

It's 60 quid or 40 with your own engine. Then they'll sting you for day licence if you've no yearly one and that's 8 quid.
    Fcuking robbery.
    Bank fishing this time of year up there is best bet and dead baiting will produce them. Bit flooded in a lot of places though atm

It's 60 quid or 40 with your own engine. Then they'll sting you for day licence if you've no yearly one and that's 8 quid.
    Fcuking robbery.
    Bank fishing this time of year up there is best bet and dead baiting will produce them. Bit flooded in a lot of places though atm

Is it 60 for the day or how long? Do i need a permit or anything to do bank fishing up there?

Yeah you need a licence anyway for boat or bank.
    Few shops in Blesso village sell them.
    For the boat it's days fishing and the lad in charge will ring you to come back when it suits him to go home.
    If it's pike your after why not try derrevara.
    Plenty of water in it now and you can go on the lake or up the inny that flows into it.
    It's 40 quid for the day with boat and engine and in with a better chance of landing nice fish

• Advertisement

Yeah you need a licence anyway for boat or bank.
    Few shops in Blesso village sell them.
    For the boat it's days fishing and the lad in charge will ring you to come back when it suits him to go home.
    If it's pike your after why not try derrevara.
    Plenty of water in it now and you can go on the lake or up the inny that flows into it.
    It's 40 quid for the day with boat and engine and in with a better chance of landing nice fish

Ok thanjs for that.

Where is derrevara? Sounds good :)

Ok thanjs for that.

Where is derrevara? Sounds good :)

Derrevara is in multyfarnam just past lough owel.

Derrevara is in multyfarnam just past lough owel.

Oh ok ill check it out online see what i find out thanks alot

Advertisement