Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Well Done...

• 23-01-2014 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ myhorse

...Barney. The best ever at this sort of stroke. Legend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,043 ✭✭✭✭ Collie D

myhorse wrote: »
    ...Barney. The best ever at this sort of stroke. Legend.

What were the opening prices and what did they go off at?

Not sure I would share OP's sentiments to be honest. Does this not mean that in previous races he was instructing jockey not to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ radharc

Collie D wrote: »

Not sure I would share OP's sentiments to be honest. Does this not mean that in previous races he was instructing jockey not to try?

Not necessarily, his modus operandi over the last few years is to buy talented horses who have dropped badly in form, he runs them a few times but because of their decline/problems they don't show much form.

He then gives them a lot of time off to try and resolve their injuries & get them back in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,043 ✭✭✭✭ Collie D

radharc wrote: »
    Not necessarily, his modus operandi over the last few years is to buy talented horses who have dropped badly in form, he runs them a few times but because of their decline/problems they don't show much form.

He then gives them a lot of time off to try and resolve their injuries & get them back in form.

Fair enough. I'm just too cynical

Advertisement