Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asking guests not to post wedding photos on social media - thoughts?

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Dolbert wrote: »
    So they can be horrible, judgmental and feel superior to anyone who makes a different choice to them of course!

And there I was thinking the wonderful thing about the world is the diversity of likes and dislikes and opinions that different people have. I didn't realise we were all only allowed to like one way of doing things and that any opinion outside the norm would be considered horrible, judgemental and superior. Perhaps we could get the Conformity Rule stickied at the top of the forum so those of us with differing opinions know not to air them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

So they can be horrible, judgmental and feel superior to anyone who makes a different choice to them of course!

The OP invited thoughts from boardsies on the subject of brides and grooms asking guests not to post wedding pics to Facebook. The thread has morphed somewhat into general thoughts on modern weddings. You seem to be taking personal offence at some of the views expressed. If I found posts personally offensive I would steer clear of the thread, other then questioning the eligibility of the other posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

There's a way to disagree without being downright nasty.

Quoted for clarity.

Disagreeing = okay
    Being a dick about it = problematic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

There's a way to disagree without being downright nasty.

Being nasty I'm fairly sure is against forum rules. If you can find any 'nasty' posts you should use the report button.

Quoted for clarity.

Disagreeing = okay
    Being a dick about it = problematic

You should report nasty posts. I'm pretty sure back seat modding isn't allowed either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You should report nasty posts. I'm pretty sure back seat modding isn't allowed either.

You're right, it's not. Should I now report the post I've just quoted?

Zaph wrote: »
    You're right, it's not. Should I now report the post I've just quoted?

Only if I also report the one I've just quoted?

Only if I also report the one I've just quoted?

Feel free, but as an admin technically I moderate all forums and I was simply pointing out the site rules.

Zaph wrote: »
    Feel free, but as an admin technically I moderate all forums and I was simply pointing out the site rules.

So why would you be reporting my post? Are we not constantly reminded on boards.ie that if a mod doesn't post with their mod hat on they are only the same as any other poster? I didn't realise you had mod hat on, no bold type, no word mod on the left hand side?

So I don't know if you were moderating or not in your last post?

No, but you've been on the site since 2008 and you're claiming that you're unaware of what an admin is? I would also point out that, in common with the vast majority of mods on the site, I never post in bold type. There is no specific requirement for mods to do so.

I can see that this thread has descended into a complete trainwreck of sniping, bitchiness and downright nastiness, so I'm closing it for the moment until the forum mods are back around. They can decide what to do with it then.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Right, I've just reviewed the thread and honestly it's really a poor reflection on this forum. It's supposed to be a place where people can come for help and advice or to just have a friendly discussion about weddings, not to be intimidated and put down by other users. Several posters have been banned as a result of their 'contributions' to this thread. Going forward, anyone who posts in a similar manner to what's been posted in this thread will receive a fortnight ban from the forum. I'd suggest that all users re-read the charter and make sure what their posting is in line with the charter and with the spirit of the forum and it's intended purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement