Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Fishers diary-Currane

Options
  • 20-01-2014 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up to any game fishers from kerry, game fishers diary friday @10pm, discovery shed 242, features rae borras fishing currane for sea trout
    Should be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyfish anywhere

It's a really good series to be fair, glad to see them hit plenty of different locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

It's a really good series to be fair, glad to see them hit plenty of different locations.

yes rae seems to be much more comfortable angling for salmon tho.......i guess i would be too if i had a riverside cottage in Scotland! :-)

yes rae seems to be much more comfortable angling for salmon tho.......i guess i would be too if i had a riverside cottage in Scotland! :-)

True enough! He hit France for trout there one week too was interesting. His guide on the Maldives trip bet all for me...a mad b****rd if ever I saw one!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

True enough! He hit France for trout there one week too was interesting. His guide on the Maldives trip bet all for me...a mad b****rd if ever I saw one!

ya seen that a few weeks ago, france was a lovely spot, ya the guide was as mad as a hatter.

They displayed Kerry in a very positive light I thought. Showed off the real beauty of Ireland and what fishing here is all about.

Also some of those photos of currane sea trout..bloody hell I'll have to make a trip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Waterville is a home from home for me can't get enough of the place so many options for top class fishing below there ,

I'm going down there now about 15yrs and every time I head out on the lake it's as exciting as the last

Definitely my favourite spot for fishing in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Missed the show, did he catch anything on Currane...

gary29428 wrote: »
    Missed the show, did he catch anything on Currane...

Caught a few browns and a few sea trout. Went fly fishing for pollock off the coast then caught a nice fish also. It showed off all the great fishing on offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Great, spent every summer down there as a kid and still go back 2 or 3 times a year to fish... Some unreal spots to fish if you're willing to explore a little..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

watched him in Iceland sat night. he seems to be a amateur type fly fisher.[same as me] . I,m not slagging rae but the guides were always slagging him and he lost a lot of fish. He only caught one salmon in a week fishing in Iceland with multiple guides. Nice guy and good tv presenter.:)
    Pity he didn't catch a whopper in Currane would have been great news for Bord Failte......lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement