Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canal fishing dublin

Options
  • 18-01-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all wanting to do some fishing in the canals around dublin area was wondering if any handy spots?

Im from bray so im not to far away just looking for somewere handy to get to an park ect.

Anyone have any advise or help be great

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

sadly an influx of people who dont follow rules and kill everything has hit fish stocks in the canals badly! Nuff said! However anywhere west od Dublin you will find some fishing. Newcastle and 13th lock stretch is good for perch, pike and trout. Beyond that try Prosperous for Tench, Allenwood for Bream and Pike. Spin a voblex for pike and perch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

sadly an influx of people who dont follow rules and kill everything has hit fish stocks in the canals badly! Nuff said! However anywhere west od Dublin you will find some fishing. Newcastle and 13th lock stretch is good for perch, pike and trout. Beyond that try Prosperous for Tench, Allenwood for Bream and Pike. Spin a voblex for pike and perch.

Yeah ino man people are always at that killing them for fun. I catch and relase id only keep the odd trout for dinner:) if get nice big one.

Thanks man for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Yeah i no some people i just dont no its terrible they do that just piss ye off so much

Advertisement