Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 LCS - Discussion etc

Options
  • 14-01-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭

Thought i'd post some info for those not following it.

Anyway, first week is a super week with the first European games starting today at 4.30PM.

European LCS Teams

Fnatic
    Gambit Gaming
    Alliance
    Millenium
    Copenhagen Wolves
    SK Gaming
    Team ROCCAT
    SUPA HOT CREW XD

North American LCS Teams

Cloud9
    TSM
    XDG
    Team Dignitas
    CLG
    Curse
    Team Coast
    Evil Geniuses

Kicks off with a bang today with Gambit vs Fnatic. The 4 teams that look strongest on paper in Europe are probably Alliance, Gambit, Fnatic and Millenium (In no order).

My picks to watch this week..

TODAY, JAN 14

Alliance vs Fnatic

WEDNESDAY, JAN 15

Fnatic vs SK (Although with no Ocelote for SK this year, it might not be that interesting anymore)
    Millenium vs Gambit

THURSDAY, JAN 16

Millenium vs Fnatic

FRIDAY, JAN 17

Cloud9 vs TSM
    XDG vs Cloud 9
    TSM vs EG

SATURDAY, JAN 18

Cloud9 vs CLG

SUNDAY, JAN 19

TSM vs Curse

Here's a really good overview by lolpedia. Imagine the NA one will be out in a day or two.

Who are people expecting to do well this season ? Im really looking forward to seeing alliance and gambit from EU, on paper and from the last 2 events they look really good. From NA, i think C9 and TSM again look near sure bets for top 2/3.. the rest is hard to say but really it's not gonna be as close as the EU LCS imo.

You'll be able to watch all the action in less than 3 hours over at http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Enjoying the EU LCS so far, as per usual Gambit and Fnatic being the superpowers of Europe with Roccat looking good also. The rest of the teams seem pretty even, most of the games have been close between them.

Alliance...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Alliance...lol

Yeah, pretty shocking from Alliance. 0-4 at the moment...
    Considering how much people have been hyping them up as a team of Gods.

Expected nothing less from Fnatic, had to be firm favourites to take the EU LCS.

This day next week is the Final of the Korean league in case any of you have been keeping up with it.
    SKT T1 face off against Samsung Ozone

We all know who we expect to win, they are just ridiculously good.

To put it in Context....from Group stages to Final (playing against some of the best teams in Korea..hence the World) ...they haven't lost a match.

CJ Entus Blaze 2-0
    Najin Black Sword 2-0
    SKT T1S 2-0
    SG BLUE 3-0
    KT Bullets 3-0

Currently 12-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty shocking from Alliance. 0-4 at the moment...
    Considering how much people have been hyping them up as a team of Gods.

Expected nothing less from Fnatic, had to be firm favourites to take the EU LCS.

This day next week is the Final of the Korean league in case any of you have been keeping up with it.
    SKT T1 face off against Samsung Ozone

We all know who we expect to win, they are just ridiculously good.

To put it in Context....from Group stages to Final (playing against some of the best teams in Korea..hence the World) ...they haven't lost a match.

CJ Entus Blaze 2-0
    Najin Black Sword 2-0
    SKT T1S 2-0
    SG BLUE 3-0
    KT Bullets 3-0

Currently 12-0

Alliance are.... yeah... honestly, i don't even know why they were being called a superteam. The only player that i would consider a top player in his position is froggen. Tabz was consistent but nothing special, nyph was promising but it was always hard to tell how good he was with SK and so far hes been probably the worst support in EU LCS, wickd has never been a top 3 toplaner in EU imo and shook was untested in the LCS. Honestly, i think they've just got the name superteam since the orginal team was suppose to be like.. froggen, shook, freeze, edward and jowoaw which is a FAR stronger team on paper imo. Meh... still early days.

I wouldn't have considered fnatic firm favorites, even still i think its far too early to call them that. Gambit looked much stronger coming into the split and besides an awful draft and level 1 vs fnatic have looked pretty dominant aswel.

Roccat look like the real deal, they've got really great map control from the games so far that i've watched and aren't afraid to try something new.

Honestly tho, things will change so much from week to week at this stage as teams settle in, seems like the average skill level in EU has risen quite a bit since last split as a lot of the teams look really strong and there hasn't really been much sloppy play.

NA LCS is a bit all over the place too, C9 look really strong. TSM and Curse look good, bjergsen is such a quality player imo. The rest are all a bit "Meh" tho, honestly the quality outside of the top 2 is a bit ****ty and seems quite a bit behind EU... although EG have shown some moments of brilliance and seem to have a lot of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Roccat vs Fnatic was a great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

LCS would be more spectator friendly if they made some effort to not have 30 mins of nothing and analysis between each game.

• Advertisement

Do something else maybe? Or start watching an hour after start time so you can skip ahead.

Personally I like the interviews and analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Kold wrote: »
    LCS would be more spectator friendly if they made some effort to not have 30 mins of nothing and analysis between each game.

What would you have between games then ? Its pretty much the most spectator friendly esport event in the west. Very few delays, timers for breaks, good simple analysis and interviews.

If you don't like the whole break sessions, i'd suggest watching on youtube as you can pause easily. Like what korv suggested, is what I like to do, so i can skip the breaks and stuff.

Anyway... some great games this week in EU... the fnatic gambit game was a classic. So many great plays, very exciting.

Magill wrote: »
    What would you have between games then ? Its pretty much the most spectator friendly esport event in the west. Very few delays, timers for breaks, good simple analysis and interviews.

If you don't like the whole break sessions, i'd suggest watching on youtube as you can pause easily. Like what korv suggested, is what I like to do, so i can skip the breaks and stuff.

Anyway... some great games this week in EU... the fnatic gambit game was a classic. So many great plays, very exciting.

That game was brilliant yea. Fair play to gambit. Very well player by both teams. Junglers especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Korvanica... Fancy meeting you here... Is there anything you don't play :P

What gets me about the spectator element is that EU is weekday and US get primetime weekend schedule...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Slugs wrote: »

What gets me about the spectator element is that EU is weekday and US get primetime weekend schedule...

Didn't you know? NA > EU

• Advertisement

Slugs wrote: »

Haha no man, I play almost everything :D On PC that is .... (Add me: korvanica).

Times aren't too bad IMO. 6pm Start is grand.

Did add ya ;).

The times are grand if you're free in the evening tbf, however since the EU scene doesn't have near as much of a following as the NA, you'd think they do their best to support... Having said that though, when have Riot prioritised EU? Just take a look at the servers...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Back on topic, was very pleasantly suprised with Fnatic's last 2 results !

Alliance seem to be coming good finally

FNC vs ALL was a superb match - Wonderful match control and patience by Alliance. There were a few moments that could have backfired had they rushed - e.g. First Baron camp, but they waited it out and absolutely dominated the match. Still gotta love Rekkless, definitely one of, if not, the best ADCs EU LCS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just turned on Twitch. TSM vs DIG just kicked off. There goes my night.

Advertisement