Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Light, what do you make of this?

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

As the title says, anyone use anything similar to THIS. What do you make of it for single track?

Thoughts would be welcome from those whom may use it or similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Have that light 1200 lumens I think. I use on the road and think it's very good. I don't use it on full more out of respect for other road users. Mine is an older version without the moulded battery pack thing but identical after that. One complaint is that there is no warning when battery is dying/dead, it just shuts off and that's it. I have a tiny light on the bike for back up. A few club mates have it and are happy. You'd get about 3-3.5 hours max out of a charge. No problems to report. I put a c&b seen lens on mine to break up the light a bit as it's really a spotlight type set up as shown on your link and find it much better for the road. The lads who use it off road have two of them-one on the bars and one on the helmet. Hope this helps. I only have mine since October btw and got it on amazon iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have two lights, that appear identical to this. I use one on the handlebars, and I fit the other one to my helmet. They give a fantastic light. They are amazing for off road use.
    On high beam, mine give over three hours of use.
    I have one of mine over two years. No problems.
    One thing, they do get quite hot.

Advertisement