Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2014 Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just finished far cry 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Xenji wrote: »
    Tales of Xilla 2
    Dark Souls 2
    TLOU Remastered
    Watch_Dogs
    Wolfenstein
    Diablo 3
    Demon Gaze
    Akibas Trip
    Danganronpa Goodbye Despair
    LoZ The Wind Waker
    Ys : MoC
    Conception 2
    Bravely Default
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Freedom Wars
    Hyrule Warriors
    Child Of Light
    Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
    Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles
    Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland
    Icewind Dale
    Neverwinter Nights 2

Various Ps+ games as well.

A few new ones.

Bayonetta
    Bayonetta 2
    Shin Megami Tensei IV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finished something for a change
    Kirby Triple Deluxe on the 3DS.
    When I say finished I completed the main campaign, I have to play it through with King Dede now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Destiny has ruined my participation in this thread. I had completed lots of games this year until it came out. I beat it back in September but still haven't moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Alien: Isolation.

Not without it's flaws but still a great game.
    Jesus some of the last bits were tense.

• Advertisement

Adding the following;
    Bayonetta 1 on WiiU (Just Brilliant)
    COD: AW on X1 (Predictable but one of the more enjoyable campaigns in recent years)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Xbox One:
    Sniper Elite 3 (Loved the co-op in this, was good fun)
    Tomb Raider (Really enjoyed this, looking forward to the sequel but won't pick it up until the new year!)
    COD: Advanced Warfare (Superb Campaign, pleasantly surprised!)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

3DS
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    Luigis Mansion 2

Vita
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Guacamelee

PS3
    DMC
    Bioshock Infinite
    Kingdom Hearts 1
    Demons Soul
    Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
    Tales of Graces F
    Metro Last Light
    Dark Souls 2
    Bioshock
    Alice Madness Returns
    Bioshock 2
    The Walking Dead Seasons 1-5
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    Puppeteer
    Beyond Two Souls
    Far Cry 3
    LOTR War In The North
    Mass Effect

Batman Arkham Origins
    Max Payne 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Adding to the list:

Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
    Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
    South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Sunset Overdrive. What a fantastic game.

Forza Horizon 2. Still alot more championships need doing, but I've done the festival race twice now so considering it done.

Fifa 14. All achievements gotten, so considering that complete, I left the online till last and the general Fifa community ruined an otherwise great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

GTA V
    Spec Ops the Line (Cracker of a game pick it up if you haven't already)
    Bioshock Infinite
    Halo 3 (on legendary)
    Red dead Redemption (better than GTA V if you ask me)
    Dead Island
    Toy soldiers Cold war
    Sleeping Dogs
    GOW1+2
    CoD2 on veteran (absolutely murderous in some parts)
    Halo reach on legendary solo (best Halo ever)

Currently playing Far cry 3 and will move onto Mirrors edge or Tomb Raider after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Another two added to the list - in bold:

Nexus 7

- Swordigo: cool little platformer, worked well on the tablet
    - The Room: puzzle game that everyone seems to have played!
    - Kingdom Rush: enjoyable tower defense
    - Spider: fun for what it was
    - Fractal: completed the campaign, fun puzzler

PC

- Guacamelee: absolutely awesome, one of my favourite games of the past few years
    - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: this was exceptional, a great gaming experience
    - Crysis Warhead: enjoyable for what it was, very similar to the original Crysis
    - Mass Effect 3: was pretty good but not a patch on the first two in terms of the plot
    - Assassin's Creed 2: The first AC game I played, really enjoyable if a bit of a slog towards the end. Has aged really well
    - Serious Sam 3: BFE: Fun game, as you would expect if you played previous Serious Sam games
    - Darksiders: Really liked it, will defo play the sequel. Combat was surprisingly satisfying!
    - The Bridge: Nice puzzler, a bit like Braid actually
    - Tomb Raider: The most recent one - this was an exceptionally good game, one of my favourites this year in fact

Wii U

- Super Mario Bros. U: Good little game, could be tough and looked gorgeous in HD
    - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: the first Zelda game I played, I'd rate it as mediocre to be honest

Still working on Rayman Origins (co-op with the wife) and Bit.Trip presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (haven't played in a few months) on the PC, Super Mario 3D World (co-op with the wife) and Pikmin 3 on the Wii U and Broken Sword and Reaper on the Nexus 7. Just bought a new Nvidia Shield Tablet (definitely an upgrade from the Nexus 7) so will start to play on that as own tons of games via various Humble Bundles, probably beginning with Leo's Fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds
    Battlefield 4 Xbox 360
    Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d 3ds
    Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360
    Metro 2033 Xbox360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village Ds
    The Bureau Xcom Declassified Xbox 360
    Dmc devil may cry Xbox 360
    Rayman 3d 3ds
    Call of duty ghosts Xbox 360
    South park Xbox 360
    Alien Breed ps vita
    Crysis 3 Xbox 360
    Lego batman 2 dc superheroes ps vita
    Fifa 14 ps4
    Total recoil ps vita

Destiny ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

pokemon x and y

well im stick with my wiiu games and 3ds games this will my last consoles to get plus their games for this generation, no more games consoles, after these ones, just too expensive with next generation ones will cost roughly €600-€800 for consoles and for handhelds €400 roughly, i dont care i had my fill of games,

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    well im stick with my wiiu games and 3ds games this will my last consoles to get plus their games for this generation, no more games consoles, after these ones, just too expensive with next generation ones will cost roughly €600-€800 for consoles and for handhelds €400 roughly, i dont care i had my fill of games,

Here's a tip, don't buy everything when it's brand new, wait a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Consoles have actually got cheaper for gen8 over gen7 but whatever. PS4 was €200 cheaper than the PS3 at launch and the X1 (with Kinect 2 removed) is €100 cheaper than the 360pro at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished Ikaruga on Steam, though played on Freeplay.

Fair play to anyone who completed it without credits.

Master of the Universe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just finished Ikaruga on Steam, though played on Freeplay.

Fair play to anyone who completed it without credits.

That doesn't count as finishing the game :P

Default console version is with 3 continues. So that would be the most you could use really to consider it completed.

Obviously a 1cc is what you need to aim for though. I've 1cc up to level 4 and then my brain just gives up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's why I added the disclaimer that it was using freeplay. Wasn't fooling myself into thinking I completed it as it was meant to be. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sleeping dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I played The Walking Dead: 400 Days yesterday.

How disappointing. Really don't know what the point in playing it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Danger781 wrote: »
    I played The Walking Dead: 400 Days yesterday.

How disappointing. Really don't know what the point in playing it was.

I played through Walking Dead on Vita.

I finished it mainly because everyone was raving about it.

Ive no idea what all the fuss is about.

Its like your part of a tv/film or whatever just picking what to do next. Choose this, choose that.. boring.

Theres no gameplay, no skill and no other involvement in my opinion other than an average story if you can call it that.

Now I know that wont sit well with a lot of people and good luck to you if you enjoyed it but for me I felt like I was just going through the motions hoping for it to turn into an actual game at some point.

It didnt unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I played through Walking Dead on Vita.

I finished it mainly because everyone was raving about it.

Ive no idea what all the fuss is about.

Oh I personally loved all of Season One. Thought it was fantastic with a story that was on par with the real deal. Very well done overall especially if you're a fan of the TWD.

Just the 400 days DLC I'm disappointed with. Probably about an hour or so of 'gameplay' involving 5 or 6 different, unrelated stories that suddenly intertwine in a final 5 minute scene that ends on a cliffhanger. The vast majority of the DLC is primarily just conversation except for a few button mashing clips. When the game ended I thought I was getting to the fun part, but then realised I just completed the DLC....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Danger781 wrote: »
    Oh I personally loved all of Season One. Thought it was fantastic with a story that was on par with the real deal. Very well done overall especially if you're a fan of the TWD.

Just the 400 days DLC I'm disappointed with. Probably about an hour or so of 'gameplay' involving 5 or 6 different, unrelated stories that suddenly intertwine in a final 5 minute scene that ends on a cliffhanger. The vast majority of the DLC is primarily just conversation except for a few button mashing clips. When the game ended I thought I was getting to the fun part, but then realised I just completed the DLC....

Tbf, it's really only a supplementary episode that I think acts as an introduction of some of the characters that I believe are in Season 2. Should have been given away for free though. Definitely not work a fiver.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Here's a tip, don't buy everything when it's brand new, wait a while.
    i still dont care about games after this generation, i middle age now i should stop playing games by now

Master of the Universe

i still dont care about games after this generation, i middle age now i should stop playing games by now

You're middle aged? Jeez! Why didn't you say.

You should probably stop watching tv, reading books and listening to music too. We all know that being middle aged means you can no longer do the things you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Ah yes, I understand. I'm 21 now but I am not looking forward to being in my 30's. Cause I know I will have to give up all of my hobbies and enter adult life.
    Yano, like read a newspaper while having a whiskey and going to bed at a reasonable hour, say 9pm.

Only 9 more years of joy left in my life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finished rogue legacy last night, but I am not done with it!!!
    In the end it said 10 and a half hours lol and that was just in very few sittings. Love that game! I hope they are working on second one. Meanwhile I'll be working and new game+ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda a link between world's 3ds
    Mario kart 7 3ds
    Luigis mansion dark moon 3ds
    Battlefield 4 Xbox 360
    Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360
    Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d 3ds
    Assassins Creed 3 Xbox 360
    Metro 2033 Xbox360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village Ds
    The Bureau Xcom Declassified Xbox 360
    Dmc devil may cry Xbox 360
    Rayman 3d 3ds
    Call of duty ghosts Xbox 360
    South park Xbox 360
    Alien Breed ps vita
    Crysis 3 Xbox 360
    Lego batman 2 dc superheroes ps vita
    Fifa 14 ps4
    Total recoil ps vita
    Destiny ps4

Resident evil revelations 3ds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Zelda: ALBW
    Tomb Raider
    Hotline Miami
    Crysis 3
    InFamous 2
    Pokemon X
    Bioshock 2
    Far Cry 3
    Guacamelee
    Brothers: A Take of Two Sons
    Tearaway
    Resogun
    Virtua Tennis 4
    Mario Kart 8
    God of War 3
    Wind Waker HD
    The Last of Us
    Destiny
    Super Metroid
    Strider [PS4]
    Metro Last Light [PS3]
    Borderlands 2 [PS3]
    Mario 3D World [WiiU]

Adding:
    Velocity 2X [Vita] - Brilliant take on the twin stick shooter genre. I got the platinum which took me ages but was definitely worth it in the end. Will pick up Ultra after this.

Dead Nation: Apocolypse Edition [PS4] - Enjoyable game to play in the background while watching some tv show. Might go through it again in co-op.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare [PS4] - First campaign I've properly enjoyed since Modern Warfare 2. Brought some interesting new mechanics to keep things interesting. Enjoying multiplayer also, bit tougher than usual.

Advertisement