Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shrimp/prawn for salmon

Options
  • 02-01-2014 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

i swore id look into getting some of my own this year as the prices from the tackle shops can be costly

whats my best option to get some in bulk ? dyed or not dont matter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

popsy09 wrote: »
    i swore id look into getting some of my own this year as the prices from the tackle shops can be costly

whats my best option to get some in bulk ? dyed or not dont matter

I sent you a private message regarding your topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

anyone else help out on this matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Did you try any of the bait distributors in the UK ?? google them may be able to ship??

Did you try any of the bait distributors in the UK ?? google them may be able to ship??

Ya but still works out expensive , there was a lad on donedeal doing em around the this time last year I'm hoping an ad pops up some time soon very reasonable prices almost half of the shop price

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

They are easy to gather yourself. For shrimp just drag a net around behind you and for prawn drag it along the side of walls and stones where there is weed attached. There is a season for them enforced since last year. I know of people that approached boatmen in Youghal and bought them by the kilo.
    http://pro-cure.com/store/bait-scent-products/bait-dyes/powder-dyes.html/ are cold setting dyes, one jar will last a lifetime. 1/2 Gallon of glycerine and absolutely tiny pinch of dye powder fixes in about 4weeks but the longer the better.

• Advertisement

Dying them is not an issue but I am not in a position to go get them myself , ideally like you said if I could buy them by the kilo or something would be perfect but I would need to know what boat or who to go too

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

I get my in my local fish mongers a kilo bag of pawns for a tenner ill get my mackerel bait there to cheaper than tackle shops

Starting to meet a few fish on the prawn now and my stocks are going low so I said I'll ask on here again before I order more from tackle shop and get robbed again ha
    Looking for dyed prawns now will buy in bulk if anyone knows anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Where in cork are you?
    There's a lad in togher that sells them I can give you his number he also sells crab ragworm etc

realrebel wrote: »
    Where in cork are you?
    There's a lad in togher that sells them I can give you his number he also sells crab ragworm etc

Think I know the man not to far down from Supervalu and in one of the estates there. ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Friendly_User

Fish mongers is the way to go. Simple technique to preserve and colour them. PM me for more details.

Advertisement