Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Kindle Fire Netflix warning - Caveat Emptor

• 27-12-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4 marvelgumshoe

"Gareth here, from the Amazon Kindle Support team.

I am sorry that we were unable to resolve your issue.

As stated during our call, Kindles unfortunately do not support NetFlix outside of the United Kingdom. "

Be aware that, according to Amazon, they will not permit Irish devices to download the NetFlix app. After contacting Netflix, they do not see a good reason for this as NetFlix is licensed within Ireland.

I asked Amazon rep to escalate and was told 'no'.

Anyone know a way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 fl4pj4ck

get the .apk file from somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ gjb

"Gareth here, from the Amazon Kindle Support team.

I am sorry that we were unable to resolve your issue.

As stated during our call, Kindles unfortunately do not support NetFlix outside of the United Kingdom. "

Be aware that, according to Amazon, they will not permit Irish devices to download the NetFlix app. After contacting Netflix, they do not see a good reason for this as NetFlix is licensed within Ireland.

I asked Amazon rep to escalate and was told 'no'.

Anyone know a way around this?

I'm in the same boat. I've decided to return it as I can't use skype or skygo on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ michaelduignan

Is there any update with this? Any body have a link to .apk file?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭ John Mason

I changed the address on my kindle fire to my brothers in London and have been using the Netflix app for the last couple of months with no problems

Advertisement