Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who plays

Options
  • 17-12-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Taught I might see a couple threads round bout this but nothing. Started playing bout a week ago and loving it.

For those that do play. Favourite God and mode?

I generally play whatever is going to pop up first, I tend to avoid 1v1 Joust though I have played few. God wise, I'm a big Thor and Thantos fan, but still getting used to plenty more Gods and also plenty I haven't played yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I bought the god pack and stuff a month or so ago, thought it was pretty cool. Stopped playing it after a week or two for no apparent reason tho :s

Tho i mostly just played the arena mode, Loki was insanely good ! Once i got a few items i was pretty much killing the other team on my own in a lot of a games !

Liked apollo and hunz bat too, saying that i've only really played about half the gods and most of them was only a game or two. Just after loading it up tho, add me if you want, can't promise i'll be online much tho.

(IGN: Magill05)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also bought the God Pack then stopped playing when i got into League of Legends :rolleyes: Tried to get back into it the other day playing on my level 30 account. The meta and general game flow changed so much since i last played my teammates where kinda not nice to me so I uninstalled :(

I mainly played Kali mid on the 3 lanes map mode. Nothing better than feeding off your enemy mid laner then roaming to other lanes for the double kill, a Ra snipe kill through the jungle might be a close second :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Never played it but it looks very pretty. Maybe people aren't sticking with it because its overly focussed being an all-action blast-fest MOBA game, as opposed a game that required a lot more strategic thought and coordinated team play?

I tried it for a week or so, it is fun just prefer DOTA and feeding.

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Never played it but it looks very pretty. Maybe people aren't sticking with it because its overly focussed being an all-action blast-fest MOBA game, as opposed a game that required a lot more strategic thought and coordinated team play?

Yeah, I dunno if its more or less action based.. its probably just the same, but because its not topdown it might seem more action full. Everything is skillshot based tho so its a bit harder or easy depending on how your aim is. I'd be surprised if other MOBA's required more coordinated team play at high levels tho, since really its like any multiplier game in that it depends entirely on the other team. If the other team is organised and tactical they'll probably destroy your team if you are the opposite.

I dont think it'll ever get as popular as Dota or LoL tho, but its a nice wee break from either of them every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

I got the God pack and i play anubis alot.I had a lot of fun with it as it's the only mobas my friends will play but sort of stopped playing after a while.Feel free to add me
    IGN:supercharizard3
    if that doesnt work then try SuperChar or SuperC

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

This is the only MOBA style game that I enjoyed playing. I've tried to get into League of Legends and DOTA 2 many times but never lasted more than 1 full match :)
    Smite seems to be a bit more action based so I guess that's why some people like it more than other MOBA games.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

just started yesterday

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's rather good but sometimes I feel the cast abilities are a bit off in 3rd person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Just started playing Smite and am so far enjoying it. I bounced off Dota 2, pretty much, immediately and put it down to the character and camera control. Directly controlling the character is much more natural to me and one less hurdle to overcome when attempting to get into the genre.

Dabbled a bit in practice with most of the current "free rotation" gods. Co-op Arena is about the farthest I've felt comfortable with trying. Gearing up to try conquest... :eek:

Tomorrow, maybe. :D

Also (in 'news you can use'), Hi-rez have said the Ultimate God Pack will remain available, at the same price, once the beta ends on the 25th and "for some reasonable amount of time into the future". [Link]

• Advertisement

Great to see more people getting into smite, I already own the God Pack. I think its the best thing I ever bought in a MOBA type game.
    Been playing this for over a month now, still enjoying every minute of it.

So the game has been officially released today, and so far the first reviews are good :)
    9/10 from Game Informer- http://www.gameinformer.com/games/smite/b/pc/archive/2014/03/25/smite_2d00_review.aspx

All gods are unlocked this weekend. [Link]

From June 20th through June 23rd, all pre-launch gem-only skins are 50% off. [link]

Here is a list of the skins that are 50% off during the sale:

Agni - Volcanic
    Anhur - Olympian
    Anubis - Gravehound
    Anubis - Stargazer
    Ao Kuang - Sacred Dragon
    Aphrodite - Afro-dite
    Arachne - Black Widow
    Ares - Diamond Sword
    Artemis - Wrangler
    Athena - Red Star
    Bakasura - Death Machine
    Cupid - Lil' Devil
    Freya - Frost Maiden
    Guan Yu - Master Guan Fu
    Hades - Classic Hades
    Hades - Soultaker
    He Bo - He Bro
    Hercules - Grand Slam
    Hun Batz - Space Monkey
    Hun Batz - Shaolin Monk-ey
    Loki - Infiltrator
    Ne Zha - Cyberpunk
    Neith - Ms.Diagnosis
    Odin - Mountain Man
    Ra - Solar Sentinel
    Sobek - High Seas
    Sun Wukong - Dark Lord
    Thor - Heavy Metal
    Thor - Blood Eagle
    Vamana - Lil' Mana
    Vulcan - Sentry
    Ymir - Digi-MIR 9000
    Ymir - Obsidian Shard
    Zeus - Stormbringer
    Zeus - Almighty

Hey Roper, so naturally the afk's and dc's will disappear when you start getting into higher levels. Great too see more people starting the game :) Glad you like the game so far.

Nice vid, RopeDrink. I believe Fenrir is getting/just received some buffs in the latest patch (don't know if it has gone live yet).

I mostly just load up the 'jungle' tutorial to try out gods. Conquest can be stressful so I need a a better grasp on items and a larger pool of gods before I can comfortably play that mode. Arena is fun and casual enough that I don't mind trying out new gods in.

*Pro tip* Ne Zha is not female.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played this alot back in the early beta, loved it. Then i switched to LoL. Came back to Smite about 4 weeks ago and couldn't get back into it cause of how the game felt. Was running at 60 FPS but it didn't feel smooth, like, jittery. Searched online for others having the same problem but had no luck :(

I miss my Kali :( The VU looks nice but i noticed they changed dialogue. She sounds so tame now :mad:

This weekend (June 27th through June 29th) all players will earn double favor for all matches played. Additionally, players will earn free gems for every first win of the day in each mode.

I used to like anubis at the start as well, but he falls of when playing at a higher level. He's a lot of fun though :)

I'd recommend Geb and Bacchus out of those 4, ymir is not really favored in higher level games and Ares isn't either. At the moment Khumbakarna/Geb/Athena are top supports.

• Advertisement

I only played this game for a few weeks, but Loki was my favorite God at the time. Seemed like a great god for snowballing the **** out of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

PLayed this in BETA and downloaded it again tonight. My God, still as fun as ever!

Yeah, just bought all Gods in the game for €23 on Special Offer. This game is incredible. Definitely making it my new main now that WS is dead.

Long awaited Pixel Buster Freya skin looks pretty snazzy.

pixel%2Bbuster%2Bfreya.png

So who does still play so I can add them in game?

I'm IRLSinisteR

So who does still play so I can add them in game?

I'm IRLSinisteR

Oddly, while I have been keeping up with Smite news, I haven't been motivated to play much the past several months.

Other things are taking priority at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sweetznezz

I love Janus' maneuverability as well as his nuking 2.

Definitely Conquest would be my favorite (Can't the the aul classic MOBA feel! :P)

Advertisement