Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Dota 2] Are there any tournaments happening in Ireland anytime soon?

Options
  • 05-12-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So a few days ago I read that a tournament of sorts happened last month. I was wondering was that a once off? Or will it happen again sometime? Also, do y'all do daily/weekly inhouse games?

Steam name is: mykusxz

Ty in advance,
    LoLzM

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hola,

It will happen again in the new year, we're just setting out some new rules and hopefully a sponsor or two. Signups should pop up over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mykusxz

ah ok. so where do you go to sign up? is there a limit to how many teams can play?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

Maybe it might be an idea to have a competition with a league table type format? It would give some of the weaker players more games, experience, space to improve.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Maybe it might be an idea to have a competition with a league table type format? It would give some of the weaker players more games, experience, space to improve.

We did knockout to speed it up as teams lose interest in the long runs, but turns out this knockout ran long anyways :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah problems with people losing the will to organize their games when they have no deadlines, a league might be too long for the level we are at yet but sure I'll play anything

• Advertisement

We did knockout to speed it up as teams lose interest in the long runs, but turns out this knockout ran long anyways :)

Yep we're going on 9 years now.

Advertisement