Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Break ins

Options
  • 05-12-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All!

My next door neighbour caught someone attempting to steal his partner's car at about 11pm last night. Unfortunately the thief's mate escaped with her handbag and mobile.

They spotted the two guys going around checking cars and pounced when they realised what they were doing as he opened their own car and took out the handbag.

Would ask everyone to be very careful!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Thanks Ellie
    A few cars were broken into in Charlesland Court about 2 evenings ago (early evening) - took contents and ran!
    Also heard a few stories up in Eden Gate.
    I am taking a golf club into my bedroom tonight and make no apologies for it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EllieD

Thanks Car2318! Fortunately, he caught one of them and was physically able to hold one of them down until the gardai arrived so with two eye witnesses hopefully he will be held accountable for last night.

Good to be aware though as to what is happening as I for one am certainly far too trusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Any sign of a text alert from the Guards for the area? I think that would be useful...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Your asking for trouble by leaving any articles visible especially in a car. Can't believe people still do it, it's a free ticket to a thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Quackhart

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Your asking for trouble by leaving any articles visible especially in a car. Can't believe people still do it, it's a free ticket to a thief.

How true, why look for conspiracy when complacency is the real issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Hi All,

Just an FYI that on Friday evening between 5.15pm and 7.45pm my car was broken into in Shoreline Leisure Centre - luckily car could not be opened and it is visible on CCTV (and there was nothing in the car anyway!).They smashed the small window in the back and tried to open door (but couldn't) so pulled the back seats down to try to get into the boot. On the same night 4 cars were broken into in Go Gym and also 1 in the Glenview. Hoping their car reg is caught on the CCTV :)

The Guards told me that it's common for this time of year as people leave presents in cars and also at the gym as a lot of women tend to leave their handbags in the car.

I don't want to scare anyone or cause any problems but just wanted to let you know since there appears to have been a goof few break ins in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

I was at my company Christmas Party in the Glenview on Friday night and at least 6 cars were broken into.

When the Gardaí arrived they said that two other car parks in Greystones had also been targeted, so I'm assuming they were the Park N'Ride and the one on the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Lol - i've posted similar too this morning.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057105585

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

thanks for letting us know, if they're at it down there, would presume, Go and Charlesland Sports and recreation a target for these b***rds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I would hazard a guess at saying that just about any public car park is a target, or even some off street parking that might be unlikely to have passers by - thinking on the sea front outside St. Davids here or half way up the Burnaby under the cover of a big tree.

Having spoken to the guards, they're keeping an eye out, but obviously they can't be everywhere at once. So pretty much anything can be a target if someone is looking to see if there's any Christmas goodies hidden inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I happened across two sports bags while out walking in Charlesland yesterday. If it was just one bag I wouldn't have noticed but because it was two side-by-side I rang the guards - I described what contents were left in the bags (none of value of course) and they were certainly interested to get their hands them. They came and picked them up a little after. My good deed for the day.

Just remember that if you see anything suspicious, give the guards a call 01-6665800 (Greystones).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement