Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked hub Campagnolo

Options
  • 02-12-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Just set bike up on trainer and noticed hub has cracked,
    Its a campag record hub, Is this common and obviously terminal?

Hub_crack.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Looks pretty cooked from here.
    Probably ok for a turbo but would expect spokes to start popping on a large scale soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

bcmf wrote: »
    Looks pretty cooked from here.
    Probably ok for a turbo but would expect spokes to start popping on a large scale soon.

:(

Were to pick up a cheap campag compatible wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

you should be able to find some cheap wheel on chainreactioncycles or wiggle.
    Any wheel can be campag compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

I've got a set of Open Pros on Veloce hubs that need a good home, nice and true with clean rims with minimal wear - feel free to make me an offer - I'm based in Dublin.

mirv wrote: »
    I've got a set of Open Pros on Veloce hubs that need a good home, nice and true with clean rims with minimal wear - feel free to make me an offer - I'm based in Dublin.

Hey, I'm based in sligo, not sure if posting would be a problem? Also I really have no idea as too how much something like those is worth, what is a ballpark figure of what you would expect?
    Also I need only the rear as you can guess but I suppose I could take both if I could afford it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 gfk_velo

Rare to see one go (not just Campag, pretty much anyone's), but yep, that's scrap.
    Clod71 - mmm, no - if it's a Shimano cassette body, you can't fit a Campag cassette and before we get a whole swathe of "10s Shimano and 10s Campag work together fine" posts - yes, you can do it but it's a long way from a perfect combo & the indexing around the middle of the cassette is always a bit sketchy ... best to match group to group.

You can get a Shimano splined (to use on a Shimano hub) with campag spacing for campag shifters.
    I use one and works perfectly.
    It opens up the possibility if buying a cheap set if wheels.

@bcmf
    Yeah, they work OK if the RD is a bit worn and the indexing is a bit loose - but mechanically they are not spot on as they have evenly spaced sprockets, which the real deal don't ...

gfk_velo wrote: »
    @bcmf
    Yeah, they work OK if the RD is a bit worn and the indexing is a bit loose - but mechanically they are not spot on as they have evenly spaced sprockets, which the real deal don't ...

Gfk
    Check your pms about something else!

But regarding the cassette I mentioned, Ambrosio, the spacers are different widths as per Campy. I know I have Shimano splined and a campy splined .
    Will double check later when I get home though.

Ambrosio may have changed them of course - the Miche ones are still out & the Ambrosio ones were definitely evenly spaced on the ones we looked at last year ... seen your PM, just responding now :-)

Cheers!

• Advertisement

I'm not really sure how to post wheels to be honest - I don't have boxes big enough! I was looking for about 80e for the pair, but I can only really do collection I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

gfk_velo wrote: »
    Rare to see one go (not just Campag, pretty much anyone's), but yep, that's scrap.
    Clod71 - mmm, no - if it's a Shimano cassette body, you can't fit a Campag cassette and before we get a whole swathe of "10s Shimano and 10s Campag work together fine" posts - yes, you can do it but it's a long way from a perfect combo & the indexing around the middle of the cassette is always a bit sketchy ... best to match group to group.

I meant any wheel could be Campag compatible, obviously as long as you don't buy one with a shimano freehub...
    ;)

mirv wrote: »
    I'm not really sure how to post wheels to be honest - I don't have boxes big enough! I was looking for about 80e for the pair, but I can only really do collection I'm afraid.

Where in dublin are you? My sister and husband are living there, perhaps we can get something sorted. Can u stick up a pic of the wheels if you get a chance to please? Or pm them to me.

I'm in Dublin 12, would prefer collection but can ferry the wheels into city centre or nearby (<10km). Have PM'ed you.

http://postimg.org/gallery/b8g7zsru/1338a0fd/

Advertisement