Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PCA/Fitness test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

C3POPO wrote: »
    Congrats Johannes_Cabal - it's a great feeling to get that pass! Well done! :) What was your time?

Thanks, it really is.

I don't want to be too specific but my time was a couple of seconds over the 3 mins. I was anticipating that if I did pass it was going to be by the skin of my teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Muffins5520

I'm in too

I'm in too

Congrats Muffins, how did you find it?

I'm in too

Congrats Muffins, how did you find it?

Honestly? I dont like being uncomfortable so I was not happy going into the second lap but I was just shouting at myself 'hurry up!'

Is your throat sore?! :D

Honestly? I dont like being uncomfortable so I was not happy going into the second lap but I was just shouting at myself 'hurry up!'

Is your throat sore?! :D

At least you got through it and yeah, although it's starting to pass now, it also felt like my lungs were on fire for a good 15 mins after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Passed :D and muffins i now know who you are lol happy to hear you guys passed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Passed :D and muffins i now know who you are lol happy to hear you guys passed!!

Good to see you back Drummer!

It's great to be back! So happy it's rolling again, dreams are coming true everyone

Drummer64 wrote: »

Creepy enough drummer, :D
    Drop me a pm and reveal yourself please ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kalel90

Hi,

Also passed today! Congrats to all and hopefully not too long a wait ahead of us now.

• Advertisement

Creepy enough drummer, :D
    Drop me a pm and reveal yourself please ! :)[/quote]
    Pm'd you let me know you got it, sometimes it doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

Passed mine this morning as well…just about but il take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Many people was at your sessions folks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

I was on the earlier session. Passed as well! I usually am a lurker on this but just wanted to post.

Good luck to anyone else who is doing it and congrats to the folks who already got their results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

I was on the earlier session. Passed as well! I usually am a lurker on this but just wanted to post.

Good luck to anyone else who is doing it and congrats to the folks who already got their results :)
    Welcome aboard and congrats!

PCA passed this morning. Good luck to all those still to do it :)

Excellent! Hopefully you will get medical appointment soon!

Congrats Shane! How'd you find it?

Grand mate :) Cleared it with around 40 seconds to spare and that was being cautious enough with the obstacles.

Absolutely nothing can prepare you for that air in the hall though, like training at altitude isnt it.

Grand mate :) Cleared it with around 40 seconds to spare and that was being cautious enough with the obstacles.

Absolutely nothing can prepare you for that air in the hall though, like training at altitude isnt it.

Nice one, I was in and around same time as you then. Did you do the same as me and sprint the first lap and instantly regret it?

I was drinking tons of water the night before and during the day before the test hoping it would help to be really hydrated....had absolutely no benefit, I was still came out coughing like I smoke 40 a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 r896neo

Well done all. I also made it through it today, not as bad as I was expecting. I think if you had knocked over a few things it might be a lot tighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Big_andy

Was in the afternoon session the day, came out coughing today as well. Glad to get it over and move on to the next stage of the process, congrats to everyone who passed the day.

Big_andy wrote: »
    Was in the afternoon session the day, came out coughing today as well. Glad to get it over and move on to the next stage of the process, congrats to everyone who passed the day.

Excellent Big Andy! Onward and upwards !

• Registered Users Posts: 21 r896neo

They could have done with opening the doors and turning off those bloody infa-red lamps!
    Wouldn't be very pleasant doing it in there on a hot sunny afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Done and dusted!  Have to say it was tough enough, especially the third and final lap - wasn't sure if my legs would hold! But, ended the session with some good news.  Passed by about 30 seconds - not great but a pass is a pass! 

Congratulations to everyone who passed and if you didn't - keep your head up.  There's another chance and you know what it entails.

Done and dusted!  Have to say it was tough enough, especially the third and final lap - wasn't sure if my legs would hold! But, ended the session with some good news.  Passed by about 30 seconds - not great but a pass is a pass! 

Congratulations to everyone who passed and if you didn't - keep your head up.  There's another chance and you know what it entails.

Excellent!!! Welcome to the wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Cheers Bunsen! Over the moon! Can't wait for another wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

I also passed PCA today! So glad to have that stage over as it seemed to have so much pressure on it having waited a year and a half!

Anyone waiting for a PCA date - make sure to go to the PCA familiarisation session! So worth it!

Plus - don't underestimate the PCA - the video of the girl going around the course isn't timed and she is casually jogging - makes it look easier than it is. It's not quite like that lol

Good luck all! Back to the wait for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Passed today aswell, definitely harder than it looks. Congrats to all the others that were there and got the pass. Was wondering if there was anyone from here at it lol

• Advertisement

Timetravel wrote: »
    Passed today aswell, definitely harder than it looks. Congrats to all the others that were there and got the pass. Was wondering if there was anyone from here at it lol

Glad to see that Timetravel!!! Welcome to the wait!

Advertisement