Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support in S4

Options
  • 27-11-2013 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

So lots of support changes in S4. What are people's views? Has the meta been changed?

Are we seeing the death of an adc + traditional support in bot lane?

Can two melee duo a lane now if both take new relic item? Will gold income be comparable to support + adc and will two bruisers be more advantagous to team comp?

Now that supports have increased gold and have less warding costs is it beneficial to have an ap caster instead of a support with the adc?

What are peoples views on traditional supports after the changes. Most have had their ap ratios nerfed so less dmg output but with items they now offer increased utility. I'm enjoying playing taric again after his changes. Now that he can build tanky items he can become incredibly tanky and thus his abilities become much stronger than previously. Strong armour passive from W that stacks with armour items and Aegis aura, damage on W stacks with armour, heal that stacks with health and increased dmg on auto attack from passive. With 40% CDR, armour runes and defense masteries he can be a real force late game initiating fights and spamming stun and heal and a ult with a strong aura and low cd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

They just hotfixed Targons Relic Shield today that it only works melee hits and increased the charge timer to 60s up from 30s. Im glad cause it was really boring to have both members of botlane getting that item. Aside from that yeah supports feel more dangerous now since they can get Boot + Sightstone + Gold Item really fast now and with the ward limit and the removal of oracles i find myself having spare cash to spend on items that you wouldn't normally buy in S3 cause all of you gold would be going to extra wards, pinks and oracles.

I saw a Morg + Zyra bot lane vs a Thresh + Ez. Ezreal and Thresh stomped the lane hard without any help from me(jungle) or the mid at all. Still feel Annie is the best support in the game at the moment, even more than in S3 as she can actually buy AP items in S4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

The only changes to Targon is that the execute is melee only, it still shares the gold if you are ranged and then of course the increase in the charge timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Yeah realized that last night. Just the supp still gets gold income if the ADC last hits the minions, which.....he will be doing....lol Riot. But increased timer though, still worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

AP supports are awesome in S4 - absolutely love Janna [AP increases her W's passive MS and increase AD for shield], Lulu [her scaling for W is just too damn fun with high AP], and especially Nami [AP makes her passive scale flat MS, makes W more effective in group fights, and E increases the slow effect].

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Annie is the best imo... at least at low elo (And judging by some of pro streams at high elo too). Every time i've gone support annie i've carried my team, pretty much always ending with a 4-6 item build and being able to kill a carry or two in their team with one combo. Shes just so good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement