Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike2work 2nd time... Upgrade or new bike

Options
  • 21-11-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I got a lapierre audacio 400 last time around with shinamo tiara groupset and basic shinamo wheels....
    Shud I now upgrade the wheels nd groupset?
    Or get another bike?
    I don't have to money upgrade to a carbon bike so I don't really see the point in getting another aluminium bike... Any thought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

I'm eyeing up my options for my 2nd bike to work aswell. I already have a planet x sl pro, so thinking of going a bit higher up the ladder.

If I was in your situation with a 5 year old aluminium bike, I would upgrade to an entry model carbon. There are models sub €1300, and it would be money better spent than spending say €600-800 on new wheels components.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

skstretch wrote: »
    I don't really see the point in getting another aluminium bike... Any thought?

Rule 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Don't forget that simply upgrading wheels would not qualify for the tax break. The scheme only covers bikes and bike safety equipment, not bike components.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

dogsears wrote: »
    Don't forget that simply upgrading wheels would not qualify for the tax break. The scheme only covers bikes and bike safety equipment, not bike components.
    This

... and the megathread (linked from the FAQs) covers the rules in detail, so there's no point in keeping this one open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement