Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carnesore point, wexford

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

hi.
    does anyone have any tips for fishing carnesore point next week?
    would spinners or sandeel/other bait be best?

ive only really got into the fishing this year so im a bit of a newbie :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

go past the lobster pot till the road turns into a dirt track (lake will be on your right), park up behind the dunes there. Fish with peeler and lug and mackeral on last hr or two of a high tide and on the drop. You should catch bass (esp if theres a bit of chop on ), dogfish, flounder, cod (hopefully), whiting and a few more species this time of year.

It is a bit of a dangerous beach (hence the no swimming signs) so don't go wading or anything...

You can go spinning from underneath the windmills at the point but I've never really had too much luck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

Cheers. Ill give that a go and let you know how i get on

Ive been fishing this spot for the last 3 days andi have had no luck atall.
    Ive been using crab, mackreel, sand eels, lug worm and prawns and ive got nothing but a few nibbles
    Ive been starting 1hr before hide tide and staying until 1hr after at least.

The fish must not be hungry atall

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

you have a PM

breghall wrote: »
    you have a PM

Cheers.
    Plenty of info for me to google tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement