Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for decent overshoes..

Options
  • 19-11-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy overshoes for my Diadora shoes, size 47. Can anyone recommend something decent that I could purchase before Sat? I don't need them to be water proof just warm ðŸ˜

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've used BBB and Altura, and I much prefered BBB ones.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bbb-waterflex-shoe-covers/

Wiggle/CRC should just about get them here by Friday/Saturday if you order them now. Most bricks and mortar shops do carry BBB merchandise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

I have two pairs of BBB, both waterflex and the heavier neoprene ones which are super warm tbf, will buy again when needed, most bike shops stock them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I've used BBB and Altura, and I much prefered BBB ones.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bbb-waterflex-shoe-covers/

Wiggle/CRC should just about get them here by Friday/Saturday if you order them now. Most bricks and mortar shops do carry BBB merchandise though.

I was looking at these
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/northwave-h20-extreme-shoecover/rp-prod85375 and these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/bbb-hard-wear-overshoes-bws04/rp-prod45051

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

This question gets asked a ridiculous amount of times.

Search function?

Anyhow - Rapha overshoes are IMHO the best there is. Nothing I have tried comes close.
    Yes they are expensive but:
    1. The work exceedingly well at keeping my tootsies snug,
    2. They endure. My oldest pair is three years old and in spite of significant usage are still in excellent condition.
    Rapha make very poor jerseys but they make unrivalled accessories and of those the overshoes are the vert best, followed by socks, armwarmers and caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Anybody recommended a decent pair with reflective stripes? Best I've seen is the Altura Night Vision, not sure how they perform in cold/wet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

detones wrote: »
    Anybody recommended a decent pair with reflective stripes? Best I've seen is the Altura Night Vision, not sure how they perform in cold/wet.

I had this pair and they weren't great at all. I've seen they changed the design pretty drastically in the last year or so, look a lot more like the BBB ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

ROK ON wrote: »

Search function?

Anyhow - Rapha overshoes are IMHO the best there is. Nothing I have tried comes close.
    2. They endure. My oldest pair is three years old and in spite of significant usage are still in excellent condition.
    Rapha make very poor jerseys but they make unrivalled accessories and of those the overshoes are the vert best, followed by socks, armwarmers and caps.

normal overshoes or "deep winter overshoes"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I have Castelli neoprene overshoes. Much like everything Castelli make, they're superb. Cheaper than Assos or Rapha while maintaining class.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-diluvio-16-overshoes/

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Thanks for all the advice and feedback. I contacted Richies bike shop in swords and they have a selection of BBB overshoes and specialized are arriving on Fri all in my size 😱
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I also use the BBB waterflex, and find them great. Only issue is with big feet, there's some contact between the overshoe and crank arm, which leads to well polished cranks and holes on the inside of the overshoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Anyone use the Gailbier Aqua something over shoe.
    Have great pair if Gore Tex which are great when temps plummet but the galibier look great for the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

ROK ON wrote: »

Search function?

I have a couple of Rapha garments and I have to say they are super except for their overshoes.I had to send mine back after about 10 wears.They repaired them and now after 3 wears they are starting to fall apart again.For the price of them I was expecting far better.

Advertisement