Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody use Lizard skin bar tape?

Options
  • 18-11-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Need to replace bar tape on my winter bike. LBS recommends Lizard skin. It feels kind of rubbery to me. Not to mention it's like 3 times the price of regular tape. Has anyone here used it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

I have it on 2 bikes, it feels fantastic when its on, loads of padding. The only negative I have is that the end plugs seem to fall out more easily then with other tapes.
    Overall Its probably the best I have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Best tape on the market , just need a bit extra TLC when fitting it . Worth the asking price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

outfox wrote: »
    Need to replace bar tape on my winter bike. LBS recommends Lizard skin. It feels kind of rubbery to me. Not to mention it's like 3 times the price of regular tape. Has anyone here used it before?

I got some Lizard Skin tape a few months ago, happy enough with it so far, though to be honest, it's a tad pricy and probably not worth the extra cash unless you have it to spare. If you're going to get it, I'd suggest black simply because it will look cleaner for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Thanks for the replies. I'll go ahead and splash out on it.
    Sorry koobcam - it's got to be yella, to match the decals on the bike. The Rules, you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

Pricey but quality... Anybody that likes bling in their bikes uses it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

The only negative I have is that the end plugs seem to fall out more easily then with other tapes.

I see what you mean Dooverylittle. One plug already loose after only 150 km. And I scratched the sh*te out of it when hammering it back in.
    = idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

outfox wrote: »
    I see what you mean Dooverylittle. One plug already loose after only 150 km. And I scratched the sh*te out of it when hammering it back in.
    = idiot.

I bought the end plugs with the screw that enables you to tighten them in place. Bbd ones arent any more expensive then regular ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have the dual colour Lizzard Skin tape on mine, looks great and is wearing well. I have had a few spills and the tape hasn't torn or worn as had happened with the stock tape. I got screw in plugs as the stock and replacement plugs I had were ****e, no problems with those so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,621 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah I only use those BBB plugs nowadays.

Lost way too many of those cheap plugs. And bars without plugs can be dangerous if you fall on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rappid

I have lizard skin dsp 1.8mm, great grip in dry, looking great aswel, but, slippery in wet.
    I dont want to change it, in the end, how ofter it rains here? :D

Advertisement