Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dates for an post tour 2014 ????

Options
  • 18-11-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm just wondering would anyone have any information on the an post series for next year .

I've set myself the target of at least 3 of the 100k so would like to know dates

Though with work i'll need to be booking A/L in early january and by then i'll probably have forgotten all about it so its best to look now

Also if anyone has some suggestions of any other cycles up to 100k around the sligo/mayo areas

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

The Tour of Sligo is the May Bank Holiday Sunday, next year it'll be (if there aren't any changes) the 4th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

EaSwe wrote: »
    The Tour of Sligo is the May Bank Holiday Sunday, next year it'll be (if there aren't any changes) the 4th of May

Thanks for that . The cycle against suicide sligo stages in on that Tuesday would they be that close together ?

had intended doing both

Thanks for that . The cycle against suicide sligo stages in on that Tuesday would they be that close together ?

had intended doing both

had intended doing both

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

cavan4sam wrote: »

had intended doing both

CAS is only at about 20kph (or less) and stopping nearly every 25km so even if you've done a big cycle a few days before you should be fine. A stage or two of the CAS will be easy enough if your doing the like of the An Post Series.

Good luck with it, did both last year. Two very different but well run and enjoyable cycling events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pawlie

Ras date start is the 18th may Sun and finishes 25th may Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Any dates yet for the Burren/Meath/Waterford or the Rebel ??

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Any dates yet for the Burren/Meath/Waterford or the Rebel ??

If the scheduling follows the same pattern as last two years, Meath should be on July 27 and Waterford (100 & 160k) on August 24, Rebel probably sep 13 or 14. But that's assuming they pick the same weekends, perhaps it will be different in 2014? Anyway, I'm hoping my dates are correct, would love to do Meath (on a cross bike though, sh*te roads) and Waterford again

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GoTilUBlow

Pawlie wrote: »
    Ras date start is the 18th may Sun and finishes 25th may Sun

Any other details on next years Ras yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pawlie

GoTilUBlow wrote: »
    Any other details on next years Ras yet?
    I havent heard of any routes finalized yet dude,they have nothing up on their website yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Pawlie wrote: »
    I havent heard of any routes finalized yet dude,they have nothing up on their website yet

finishing in Skerries against next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

The Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford is on the weekend of the 23/24 of August next year. As usual the saturday being the family fun day and Sunday the tougher routes.

Thanks for all the replies , some suit some dont
    Now the next step is to get my fat ass in gear and actually be able to cycle 100k , new to this game but confident that after a couple of months training i'd be able started late this year and did a 60k after a few weeks wiith a bit left in the tank ,

Advertisement