Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yepp v Weeride

Options
  • 13-11-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Want to fit 2 kids (1 & 5) on Trek 7.5. Thinking of getting Tepp Mini and Junior. Also have eye on Weeride for the 1 year old as it seems more comfortable for all. Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cyclic

Hi there,

I've 2 kids age 3 and 4 on the bike every day for the school run for nearly 2 years and weekends for whatever. I have lower cost polisport seats front and back for them and they are sturdy, have lasted the test of time, and work well. Have just bought the older brat his own pedal bike (balance bike till now) and have just bought a tow bar to get him some place safe to cycle i.e. the park, via the horrors of heavy traffic (we live in next to city area). For what it's worth, I'd try and get your 5 yr old on his onio- but those seats look good. However for the price, you could put him on his own decent bike and get a tow bar for the woefully dangerous Dublin roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

cyclic wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've 2 kids age 3 and 4 on the bike every day for the school run for nearly 2 years and weekends for whatever. I have lower cost polisport seats front and back for them and they are sturdy, have lasted the test of time, and work well. Have just bought the older brat his own pedal bike (balance bike till now) and have just bought a tow bar to get him some place safe to cycle i.e. the park, via the horrors of heavy traffic (we live in next to city area). For what it's worth, I'd try and get your 5 yr old on his onio- but those seats look good. However for the price, you could put him on his own decent bike and get a tow bar for the woefully dangerous Dublin roads.

Would dearly like him to go solo but not a runner at the moment. The Yepp Junior looks decent and not overly expensive.
    http://www.fietszitjesplaza.nl/en/gmg-yepp-rear-seat-junior-black.html
    Question really is about Weeride v Yepp Mini. Weeride claim they're better because handlebar balance is not affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

The Weeride served me well.
    While the seat is relatively easily detachable when not in use, you are left with the bar attached above the top tube even when you detach the seat.
    The child is very secure on the Weeride as it is more like an armchair for them, but like all of the front seats of this type, when it is attached you end up cycling like a cowboy to avoid clunking against the seat infront of you.

Edit, I agree the Weeride does not affect the balance which may occur on seats mounted on/around handlebars.

Advertisement