Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felt F95

Options
  • 11-11-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Looking at purchasing this bike from wiggle
    Anyone any opinion on Felt bikes ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭easygoing39

For that price you won't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

Standard tyres are like paper think there 5er off chain reaction.
    And chains are great my mate snapped his replaced with a kmc and no problems
    Great bike for the cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

I bought it from Wiggle a few weeks back. What can I say, 560 quid. Its a great looking bike (I got the Matte anthracite) one of the lightest in its price range, very good climbing hills with the compact crankset, sora shifting is smooth if you know what youre doing. Tyres might be an Issue, I've already had a puncture but they're grippy and when pumped to 100psi you can really fly on this bike.

The stock saddle is very firm and did not suit me so I got a Charge Spoon from cycle surgery in Dundrum for 22 euro, now it's very comfortable.

No problems with the chain yet for me but I will upgrade after Christmas.

One thing I will say is your hands can get sore from vibrations through the fork so buy a good pair of gel protected padded gloves/mitts.

The bike is higher specs than any in its price range from a reputable bike brand. It is worth closer to its 800+ RRP.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is... You won't be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

I bought it from Wiggle a few weeks back. What can I say, 560 quid. Its a great looking bike (I got the Matte anthracite) one of the lightest in its price range, very good climbing hills with the compact crankset, sora shifting is smooth if you know what youre doing. Tyres might be an Issue, I've already had a puncture but they're grippy and when pumped to 100psi you can really fly on this bike.

The stock saddle is very firm and did not suit me so I got a Charge Spoon from cycle surgery in Dundrum for 22 euro, now it's very comfortable.

No problems with the chain yet for me but I will upgrade after Christmas.

One thing I will say is your hands can get sore from vibrations through the fork so buy a good pair of gel protected padded gloves/mitts.

The bike is higher specs than any in its price range from a reputable bike brand. It is worth closer to its 800+ RRP.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is... You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

I bought of these in April and been using it for commuting/winter hack last few weeks ever since. No sure but covered at least 2000km on it so far.

First things first, it's heavy and pretty unresponsive to be honest. Bear in mind here i'm coming from a Colnago ! While your on it it feels nice, does what it's supposed to do but.... when u get onto a good bike u really notice that it's a cheap bike for a reason.

Not too impressed with the brakes, upgraded the pads but to be honest they're still crap. Bottom bracket cups are rusting due to being out in the rain (was expected at this price range). Back wheel is slightly buckled (was also expected at this price range). Upgraded the tyres straight away to Gatorskins which are being upgraded to GP4 season tomorrow. No problems with chain. No other problems to report.

So positives, it's actually better than i expected for the price, i done the biketowork scheme on it and so far i'm pretty impressed with the bike. I wasn't expecting much from the start but after a bit of fiddling the Sora groupset does work pretty well all be it with slightly clunky gear changes. And the bike does what it's supposed to do, previously had a Trek god knows what with tiagra on it and to be honest i prefer this Felt bike over it any day. Plan is to upgrade the parts as they wear out but so far so good, after 2000k no real problems to report. As for bar tape i dunno does the job for me been out on a few 100k spins on it and i've been grand at the end apart from the sore legs which wasn't really the bikes fault ! Finally the stock saddle is a weapon of torture.... i'm not used to gel saddles and i was happy to get 15 quid for the pretty much unused saddle when i sold it, cos damn sure i weren't ever gonna use it again !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

For that price you couldn't go wrong. The Sora shifters are the new style and not the older syle thumb shifters. I've used the zaffiro slicks and find them fine, quite fast rolling and i've not had any punctures in them so cant say they're bad in any way. You can always upgrade the seat post to a carbon one and the handlebars and/or stem which will dampen down road buzz. The wheels will see you through the winter and you can upgrade them next summer if need be.

Advertisement