Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secondhand road bike, regular wear and tear or other

Options
  • 11-11-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey, Im interested in buying a specific bike, the trek 1.2 52cm, i've owned one before [it was stolen] so I know it fits, however the bike in question has had some parts replaced, rear cassette, bottom bracket and chain... Does this sound like regular wear and tear or heavy use/accident. Are there any questions i should ask, i checked and the work was done by a bike mechanic, but i'm not sure if the parts were replaced with original spec parts or not. The price is 350 which sounded pretty good to me for a 2-3 year old bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

That is absolutely typical wear and tear work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Moved to the main forum since this isn't an ad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

quozl wrote: »
    That is absolutely typical wear and tear work.

Check for wear on rims, and chain rings. If headset was serviced you should be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3 turtlecapsize

Moved to the main forum since this isn't an ad :)

cheers, I didn't realise I posted it as an ad... im a total newb here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 turtlecapsize

ford2600 wrote: »
    Check for wear on rims, and chain rings. If headset was serviced you should be good to go

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to take it for a spin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to take it for a spin!

If bike is good fit and serviced 350 is great value.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

cheers, I didn't realise I posted it as an ad... im a total newb here.

You're very welcome! Good luck with the new bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Worn parts were replaced with new parts. That is good.

Advertisement