Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 90kph, on a DH bike... brakeless!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Alfreado wrote: »

WOW what a nice set of cojones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I would need to be wearing a nappy for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

There's dumb. Then there's purposely taking the brakes of your bike dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I don't see the dumb part..

Just a hot chick with a pair of balls bigger than the rest of us! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

detones wrote: »
    There's dumb. Then there's purposely taking the brakes of your bike dumb.

straight line, body armour, helmet, and skill.

She's just got bigger balls than the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Zyzz wrote: »

Still think its dumb as for hot, well whatever your into. She looks like the illegitimate love child of Steve Davis and Sonia O'Sullivan to me ;-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Zyzz wrote: »

hot? jaysus you need to get out more man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Dcully wrote: »

To be fair, it's all relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Is this really the conversation that needs to be had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Yeah, but can she climb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

WillyFXP wrote: »
    Yeah, but can she climb?

Or corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did she stick her foot between the back wheel and the seat stay, like we did as kids to stop the bike at the bottom?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

She's pretty good looking and obviously 1000% awesome.

Or corner?

I'd say DH riders could easily claim to be superior in the cornering department when compared to roadies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I wanted to see how she stopped it. Surely she must've kept going for some distance to get it down to a comfortable enough speed so she could stop it using her foot on the rear wheel without the bike flying out?

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I wanted to see how she stopped it. Surely she must've kept going for some distance to get it down to a comfortable enough speed so she could stop it using her foot on the rear wheel without the bike flying out?

she just kept rolling until she slowed down, on rough terrain like that you'd only need a few hundred meters tops of flat or slight uphill to get down to speeds where she'd be able to turn comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

Id be a little skeptical. I think there are parts of this video that have been doctored and have cgi.

In particular the segment from 2.21 to 2.27.

From about 2.21 to 2.22 the cyclist goes by and it appears to be authentic. And then from 2.22 to 2.27 it changes to a section with the speed gun and the cyclist going by. (I think that segment change unnecessaryto begin with, if authentic).

Firstly, the cyclist, imo appears to travel faster in the second segment than in the first - despite it being from the same run. Second, the cyclist seems to accelerate when they reach the bottom. Third, the dust, and the general movement of the bike from the bottom of the hill onwards, to me, appears unrealistic and computer generated. And do speed guns operate in reverse? - for objects travelling away from it? Would they pick up a cyclist in the distance or would it require extremely accurate pointing?

Most of the footage appears genuine, but I have my doubts...

coolemon wrote: »
    Id be a little skeptical. I think there are parts of this video that have been doctored and have cgi.

From about 2.21 to 2.22 the cyclist goes by and it appears to be authentic. And then from 2.22 to 2.27 it changes to a section with the speed gun and the cyclist going by. (I think that segment change unnecessaryto begin with, if authentic).

Firstly, the cyclist, imo appears to travel faster in the second segment than in the first - despite it being from the same run. Second, the cyclist seems to accelerate when they reach the bottom. Third, the dust, and the general movement of the bike from the bottom of the hill onwards, to me, appears unrealistic and computer generated. And do speed guns operate in reverse? - for objects travelling away from it? Would they pick up a cyclist in the distance or would it require extremely accurate pointing?

tinfoilhat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

coolemon wrote: »

196157.gif

I really hope you are trolling.

Advertisement