Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my new bike is nearly here

Options
  • 08-11-2013 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I ordered a 2014 giant tcr composite 5 weeks ago and I've only 6 days left can't wait...

What extras should I expect the shop to throw in for a bike which costs 1600e.
    Value wise 5-10%??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

jackstaff wrote: »
    I ordered a 2014 giant tcr composite 5 weeks ago and I've only 6 days left can't wait...

What extras should I expect the shop to throw in for a bike which costs 1600e.
    Value wise 5-10%??

If you have already ordered the bike and agreed on the price, I'm not sure I'd expect any extras or discount at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭youtheman

Answer : Zero

Lesson Learnt : do all your negotiating before you 'pony up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭jackstaff

Bike isn't paid for just a deposit to get it ordered in.

Anyway the shop has said "we will do somethinging for you" when I asked about some discount

Just wonder wat should I expect value wise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

jackstaff wrote: »
    Bike isn't paid for just a deposit to get it ordered in.

Anyway the shop has said "we will do somethinging for you" when I asked about some discount

Just wonder wat should I expect value wise

Pedals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭youtheman

When I bought my bike in The Edge in Cork they gave me a 'loyalty card' for 10% of all purchases. So I suppose if you get down to 'haggling' then you could reasonably expect something in this range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Try and get a set of decent spec pedals and clears out of them but other than that I can't see them giving away too much away for nowt

I got a saddle pouch which included two tubes, levers and puncture kit along with 2 waters bottles and cages and a genuine innovations mini pump. The bike cost €1000 and I'm guessing the freebies were worth about €50 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Brads locks

Just wondering why people expect to get stuff,when you shop at the supermarket do you expect to get extra because your spending money in there supermarket,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just wondering why people expect to get stuff,when you shop at the supermarket do you expect to get extra because your spending money in there supermarket,

I expect to get discounts - buy one, get one free. Vouchers for coupons etc.

And when I go into Tesco I'm not spending 1k or so on one item!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Because most bike shops have a margin big enough for haggling to be done, especially if you are paying cash. Any bike I've bought new I've made sure I got a deal on lights, mudguards, pedals, that sort of thing, even if it's just "sure thrown in pedals for free and I'll pay display price", I'll always try and get the best deal I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I got 10% in store credit the last time I bought a bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement