Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom bracket and crank arm lengths

Options
  • 07-11-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have been off my bikes for the last 7 months following surgery on my hip.At 31yrs and told to give up running I'm itching to finally get back on my bikes. However, I need to change to smaller cranks arms (165mm) to give a larger angle at my hip. I'm only 5ft 6" tall so they shouldn't be too small.

So I currently have an FSA Gossamer MegaExo Compact 10sp on my commutingbike (TriCross Comp) and an FSA Gossamer BB30 Compact 10sp on my road bike(Felt F75) but the bearings have gone on the BB30 (not much of a surprise). They came with the bikes and have no problem changing to something different.

I'm looking for advice / suggestions on the best (reasonably priced) BB30bearings to replace the worn set and suggestions for a good quality BB30compatible crank/chainset (Compact 10sp, suitable for Shimano 105 RD and FD)that I can get in a 165mm crank arm.

Likewise, any advice / suggestions on the best (reasonably priced) 165mmMegaExo compatible cranks. I can't seem to find any. Alternatively, is itdifficult/expensive to convert the MegaExo to a different bottom bracket set inorder to get a 165mm crank arm onto it?

Cheers

Advertisement