Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain length query

Options
  • 03-11-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting a proper out and about lock. I have the usual set of cable locks, kryponite locks, fugetaboutit locks but am looking for a proper lock. I know the one I want as I have its 2m big brother at home but have a query for the desired length of a chain for out and about 0.7m, 1m or 1.5m? Thoughts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

If planning to carry only one lock then I'd go for one that'll go through both wheels, without having to remove the front wheel, plus up to an extra 0.5m or so to allow it to stretch around a (wide) pole or through a railing. I don't know how long that would be as I've never measured (I use U-locks). If carrying a second lock then obviously the chain would be significantly shorter since it would have to go through one wheel only.

Advertisement