Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Trade ins??

Options
  • 03-11-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of shops that offer trade ins for bikes? I am based in Galway, purchased a brand new hybrid Giant Roam 1 (2013) about two months ago, valued at €799 and really like it but think I should have gone for a road bike as I really want to get into the cycling properly now I have a feel for it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Best off trying to sell it second hand on Adverts.ie or on the adverts section here, you'll get a good bit more than you would if you were to trade it in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sell privately and buy a new bike.

Anywhere that offers trade in will give you a crap deal as they will have to be able to sell it on again for profit.

Or, even better idea, sell it privately and buy a second hand bike on adverts/donedeal/cycling adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

I sold a Giant Roam XR2 two months ago through word of mouth. I got the impression that there is a fairly high demand for these bikes at this time of year, cos they make great winter commuting bikes. I suggest trying Done Deal, and some local advert pages.

Advertisement