Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment needed to start lake fishing?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Wanted to start lake fishing, I've only ever fished for mackerel off piers and small boats and was wondering what bits and pieces id need to get me started. The lakes around me mainly holds good stocks of bream, roach, rudd, hybrids, tench , perch, pike and eels with bream

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

<maritime_mod> Moved from Maritime forum to Angling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WillM87

Rovi wrote: »
    <maritime_mod> Moved from Maritime forum to Angling forum.

I couldn't find anything fishing related at all! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Im a newbie myself ive got great advice of the guys here on the Angling Board

you might find something also of interest here

http://www.fishinginireland.info/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭madchild

Everything apart from pike you would need a course fishing set up e.g quiver tip rod feeders hooks of different sizes groundbait maggots the list goes on and on as for pike fishing is it spinning with lures or is it relaxing on a chair with a deadbait your post is a bit all over the place tbh you could spend a fortune on gear or set yourself up with the basic stuff and get goin gathering gear as ya go along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 WillM87

madchild wrote: »
    Everything apart from pike you would need a course fishing set up e.g quiver tip rod feeders hooks of different sizes groundbait maggots the list goes on and on as for pike fishing is it spinning with lures or is it relaxing on a chair with a deadbait your post is a bit all over the place tbh you could spend a fortune on gear or set yourself up with the basic stuff and get goin gathering gear as ya go along.

Just the basic list of things to get me started would be great. I'd say spinning with lures would be more what I'd into

Advertisement