Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROK 2014 - Help

Options
  • 02-11-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi folks,

Am forced to book my annual level this week for most of next year. The joy.

Would like to do the Ring of Kerry next year. Are there any rules for the date, I don't think it's been fixed yet. Is it always the first week of July?

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Masala

I believe always 1st Sat in July... rain, hail or shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Onefortysix

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Onefortysix

Quick question, I'd like to take my 15y old nephew on the ROK spin.

Is there an age limit to enter?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Quick question, I'd like to take my 15y old nephew on the ROK spin.

Is there an age limit to enter?

Cheers.

I'm sure its 16 on the day of the cycle. I can't find anything on the official site but I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

I think it is 18. More of a adult event - not really suitable for teenagers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

never knew that age limit - if he's well used to cycling distances and in groups, I don't see a reason why they couldn't do it. ds did it twice with his dad, helped me complete it this year - he's 18 next year.

I don't thinks anyone will check on the day.....it would be at application stage.!! So on filling out same - you may have to 'be creative' !! I agree if he up to it and nearly 18 - then I would see no problem.

But a 15yr old could possibly be signalled out on the day and pulled up if there is a 18yr old rule. Remember - there are check points now as well ad cycle marshals.

Just my 2 cents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Just make sure he puts in the training. Its 180km with some though hills. Will he be able to make it without relying on the genoristy of others to bus him back to Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Masala wrote: »

I disagree. So long as they are able to make it around there should be no problem. I looked on the site and I don't see any mention of an age limit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Masala wrote: »

what on earth makes it unsuitable for teenagers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

More H&E bullsh1t.

Your 15 year old kid will be grand with some training. Teenagers do this event every year - I would strongly encourage this. If this 15 year old is denied entry then so too should the vast majority of old over weight freds - myself included.

Enjoy the day. Great idea to bring the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Filibuster wrote: »
    Just make sure he puts in the training. Its 180km with some though hills. Will he be able to make it without relying on the genoristy of others to bus him back to Killarney.

I had to rely on the generosity of my 17 yr old to push me up Molls Gap this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Filibuster wrote: »

I wouldn't call them hills just long drags.

Advertisement