Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame sizing (again)

Options
  • 01-11-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all I know this has been done to death but there is a lovely colnago frameset on adverts but I don't know if it would suit me. the size is a 54.5? I am around 5'7 with inside leg of 29in (shortarse, I know !!) Does anybody know if it would suit ? I have read a bit about Colnago frame sizing being a bit different> I currently have a Specialized Allez 54cm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'd say it will fit you fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I'm about the same size and even I find 52 is little too large for me (currently on a 50).

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭naulpolan

Thanks folks I suppose the best thing to do is bring along a pair of wheels and stand over the frame and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

hey bro ,

i'm 5'7" with a 30" inside leg , I've a specialized allez too . I was on my mates 55" . I wanted to buy it but he was laughing saying it was way too big for me ,and that I suffer from SMALL MAN SYNDROME and want to cycle a big bike , cheek of him .

anyway did you try the sizing chart on www.chainreactioncycles.co.uk

cheers

figs

Thanks dude It's good to hear from other 'vertically challenged' people. Maybe someday I'll be able to fit on a man's bike.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

naulpolan wrote: »
    Thanks dude It's good to hear from other 'vertically challenged' people. Maybe someday I'll be able to fit on a man's bike.:D:D

If its the active frame....then it's too big... Top tube is a 56cm..

countrykid wrote: »
    If its the active frame....then it's too big... Top tube is a 56cm..

thanks for that I'm going to leave it- it looks like a good buy for somebody!

Advertisement