Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddles

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

On the Selle Italia stuff, I have the Gel Flow Flite on all my bikes and find them very comfortabe. I tried the equivalent "Max" which is a bit wider and it was very uncomfortable. It really does depend on personal preference and maybe comparing size and shape to a saddle you are already used to and comfortable with

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

i have the selle italia max flow and its a nice saddle. not too hard, but definately not one that id ride without chamois. if you like a softer one, i like the specialized avatar (not sure if they make that one anymore, but im sure they have an equivalent). the avatar i use on my beater and its grand with street clothes.

whichever one you get, make sure its the correct width for you. an overly narrow saddle is agony. i got my ass measured in the us (no joke) by sitting on some sort of memory foam thing and found im c 143mm ideally. i had been on a 134 fizik and i was in real pain, but it developed over time, so these measurements are important.

the cut out is supposed to help with your aul man parts, but tbh im unconvinced. saves weight i imagine tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

the one i have came with the bike and its really starting to get uncomfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

slap/dash wrote: »
    the cut out is supposed to help with your aul man parts, but tbh im unconvinced. saves weight i imagine tho

thanks nice to know kinda though about it before,

look at the Reviews i think i'll go with
    Selle Italia SLR Flow Team Edition Saddle 141 euro not bad i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

yeah also i notice that you have some monorail saddles there, beware that you'll need a seatpost specific to those

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Beasty wrote: »
    On the Selle Italia stuff, I have the Gel Flow Flite on all my bikes and find them very comfortabe. I tried the equivalent "Max" which is a bit wider and it was very uncomfortable. It really does depend on personal preference and maybe comparing size and shape to a saddle you are already used to and comfortable with

Also tried the max and found it very uncomfortable, though ended up with a Brooks B17 which is just as wide. Seems to vary a huge amount by individual preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Cork24 wrote: »
    thanks nice to know kinda though about it before,

look at the Reviews i think i'll go with
    Selle Italia SLR Flow Team Edition Saddle 141 euro not bad i guess

Much cheaper from here mate http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a97703/.html

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP is permanently site-banned so I'm closing this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement