Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track World Cup Manchester

Options
  • 01-11-2013 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Can be watched here, live stream:

Or will be on BBC Red I believe, I think Beasty might know more than I about that.

Schedule here: http://www.trackworldcup.co.uk/Schedule

Irish riders in the running are:

Schedule:

Friday 1st November:

Women’s Scratch Race (10km): Caroline Ryan

Saturday 19th October:

Morning Session (9am – 5.45pm):

Women’s Individual Pursuit Qualifier (3km): Caroline Ryan

Men’s Keirin Qualifier: Eoin Mullen

Men’s Individual Pursuit Qualifier (4km): Martyn Irvine

Men’s Points Race Qualifier (15km): Martyn Irvine

Evening Session (7pm – 10.43pm):

Women’s Individual Pursuit Finals (3km): Caroline Ryan

Men’s Points Race Finals (30km): Martyn Irvine

Men’s Keirin Finals: Eoin Mullen

Men’s Individual Pursuit Finals (4km): Martyn Irvine

Sunday 20th October:

Full Day (8am – 5.08pm)

Women’s Point Race Qualifier (10km): Caroline Ryan

Men’s Sprint: Eoin Mullen

Women’s Point Race Final (20km): Caroline Ryan

Men’s Scratch Final (15km): Martyn Irvine

Enjoy!

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BBC Red button tonight at 7pm, Saturday and 6pm, then I think it's live on BBC 2 on Sunday at 2.40pm

I've seen mention of it being on the UCI Youtube channel for anyone who can get that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

That's my Saturday evening tv viewing covered. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

How is Irvines form? Is he back up to his best?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zyzz wrote: »
    How is Irvines form? Is he back up to his best?
    Bronze medal in the European Omnium a couple of weeks ago, but I'm sure there's a lot more to come. This is only really the start of his track comeback, and his main targets will be the World Championships in Colombia early next year then the Commonwealth Games in July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Already a World Record beaten by British Ladies Pursuit Team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

The Stream above is useless btw. No visuals.

Already a World Record beaten by British Ladies Pursuit Team
    Not totally unexpected - they set the record in the Europeans a couple of weeks ago, but it's only been a 4 person/4k event this season. They improved the record by another 4s to take the gold.

Saturday afternoon session results:
    Caroline Ryan 5th in Women's Pursuit
    Martyn Irvine 7th in Men's Pursuit
    Martyn Irvine qualifies for points race final (he did just enough, taking the final qualifying spot, but hopefully there will be some fireworks from him in tonight's final)
    Eoin Mullen did not progress in the Kierin

Live coverage just started on the BBC 2 Red Button

The guy who has the Youtube channel in the OP does not have broadcasting rights and therefore is only showing a "live" picture of the scoreboard, and the UCI Youtube Channel looks like it's only broadcasting tomorrow!

Men's Points Race final should be up next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Beasty wrote: »
    Men's Points Race final should be up next

Bit carried away with the spoilers no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Getting near the end now

Inquitus wrote: »
    Bit carried away with the spoilers no :)
    Better safe than sorry ....

Another brilliant performance from Irvine

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

f***ing brilliant. fair play to the other lads who helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

Im in work so couldn't watch it, what way did it finish?

unichall wrote: »
    Im in work so couldn't watch it, what way did it finish?
    BYGHxFDIcAAMYQi.jpg:large

734367_546848292070674_1724251314_n.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Not the first time Viviiani has been turned over by an Irishman this year, needs to HTFU ;)

RobFowl wrote: »
    Not the first time Viviiani has been turned over by an Irishman this year, needs to HTFU ;)

I personally think the points race is the one Martyn is best suited to. With only one rider per nation no-one is going to sacrifice themselves to allow the likes of Viviani to close down the breaks. The race is long and tough - absolutely perfect for someone like Martyn who cannot rely on a devastating sprint like Viviani.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I personally think the points race is the one Martyn is best suited to. With only one rider per nation no-one is going to sacrifice themselves to allow the likes of Viviani to close down the breaks. The race is long and tough - absolutely perfect for someone like Martyn who cannot rely on a devastating sprint like Viviani.

My own opinion is that the UCI made a mess of the Olympic track program by taking the points and individual pursuit out of it. Omnium is a bit of a dogs dinner and why there are 3 sprint events where 1 riders can potentially win 3 golds while a more rounded rider like Martyn only has one shot is a disgrace...

Ps was alluding to Viviani getting put in his place by Sam Bennett in the TOB, an effort that seems to have impressed the great Sean Kelly not end (he even brought it up at the CI awards last night :cool: )

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    My own opinion is that the UCI made a mess of the Olympic track program by taking the points and individual pursuit out of it. Omnium is a bit of a dogs dinner and why there are 3 sprint events where 1 riders can potentially win 3 golds while a more rounded rider like Martyn only has one shot is a

They had to equalise the mens and womens events so something had to go unfortunately. The real pity is they couldn't extend the programme to include both. He will have the chance to do both at the Comonwealths though, where the women will again become the poor relations......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Why is Anna Mears not in Aussie white gear?

Also, why does an indoor derny need a rear mud guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

They had to equalise the mens and womens events so something had to go unfortunately. The real pity is they couldn't extend the programme to include both. He will have the chance to do both at the Comonwealths though, where the women will again become the poor relations......

I understand the maths and believe parity is vital but I reckon they should have ditched the keirin and kept the pursuit.
    The keirin is a bit of a johnny-come-lately event that isn't even as much craic as it used to be when it was a full contact sport. The pursuit is track racing at it's purest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

I wonder is it something to do with it looking very similar to the rainbow jerseys?

Riding for a trade team - Team Jayco

The Crunch wrote: »
    I understand the maths and believe parity is vital but I reckon they should have ditched the keirin and kept the pursuit.
    The keirin is a bit of a johnny-come-lately event that isn't even as much craic as it used to be when it was a full contact sport. The pursuit is track racing at it's purest.
    While I agree, there is at least a Team Pursuit. Some kind of bunch endurance event is surely required (which is why they ended up compromising with the Omnium)

The problem is not confined to cycling, with other sports such as rowing having to ditch categories to faclitate what in essence becomes a showcase for the sport. Then, of course, there's swimming where every possible combination is catered for allowing certain swimmers to enter numerous events:rolleyes:

Also, why does an indoor derny need a rear mud guard?
    Same specifications are required for indoor and outdoor, where I suspect the mudguard is actually there to stop the tyre throwing anything up at the following riders

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

While I agree, there is at least a Team Pursuit. Some kind of bunch endurance event is surely required (which is why they ended up compromising with the Omnium)

The problem is not confined to cycling, with other sports such as rowing having to ditch categories to faclitate what in essence becomes a showcase for the sport. Then, of course, there's swimming where every possible combination is catered for allowing certain swimmers to enter numerous events:rolleyes:

Team pursuit favours the bigger nations. Tougher on the smaller ones...
    IP is better!
    Looking forward to the women's keirin now, mind!

• Advertisement

Riding for a trade team - Team Jayco

Does this also apply for the World Championships? Is it not just nations?

Advertisement