Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fit

Options
  • 01-11-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on getting a reasonable bike fit? I got a road bike in addition to my hybrid, and it wrecks my knees, can't go much of any distance (I did the 70km round trip I can do no bother on the hybrid and it killed me for a dat after).

bikefit.eu aren't answering emails or their phone, any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DrChristianTroy

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Any recommendations on getting a reasonable bike fit? I got a road bike in addition to my hybrid, and it wrecks my knees, can't go much of any distance (I did the 70km round trip I can do no bother on the hybrid and it killed me for a dat after).

bikefit.eu aren't answering emails or their phone, any other recommendations?

Aidan Hammond is well regarded and a sound fella too. http://www.bikefittingireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I was also happy with Aidan Hammond.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

chris at cycleways helped me out. hes a sound guy and it wasnt too much. it wasnt a videotaped rigmarole though, but they do that too if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Got a bike fit recently from Aidan Hammond and was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ulick

Aidan was excellent and adjusted a second bike for me so once he has all your details he can do other bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CHIPPY1979

Try James O'Donnell at bikefit.ie

based In Galway - Excellent reputation and uses top of the range equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭G1032

CHIPPY1979 wrote: »
    Try James O'Donnell at bikefit.ie

based In Galway - Excellent reputation and uses top of the range equipment

€200 though for the all in bike fit with th top of the range equipment...very expensive
    He offers other packages at €130?? and €70
    Still if you had the money and were getting a lot of pain from the bike it's probably worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

slap/dash wrote: »
    chris at cycleways helped me out. hes a sound guy and it wasnt too much. it wasnt a videotaped rigmarole though, but they do that too if you need it

How much did he charge you out of interest? Was thinking of going there myself for the same reason as the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

G1032 wrote: »
    €200 though for the all in bike fit with th top of the range equipment...very expensive
    He offers other packages at €130?? and €70
    Still if you had the money and were getting a lot of pain from the bike it's probably worth it

I got fitted by James in Galway. The 200 euro one.
    If you can aford it then I highly recommend it. It took all my pains away. It might seem expensive , and it is, but I am very happy with it. All in all it took nearly 2 1/2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Rua_ri wrote: »
    I got fitted by James in Galway. The 200 euro one.
    If you can aford it then I highly recommend it. It took all my pains away. It might seem expensive , and it is, but I am very happy with it. All in all it took nearly 2 1/2 hours.

Did you have knee pains? Did he look at your pedal set up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Did you have knee pains? Did he look at your pedal set up?

No pains anymore. He looked at all aspects. Took my insoles out of my shoes, checked for wear and hotspots. Realigned my cleats. Set up a new pair of shoes and cleats for me. Checked I had the right size shoe/ correct width, whether I needed insoles, etc.......and that was just the feet !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

Has anyone had a bikefitting in Richies? (Swords)
    Recommended?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

furiousox wrote: »
    Has anyone had a bikefitting in Richies? (Swords)
    Recommended?

Frank does fittings in Richies. I've had one, recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noddy69

base2race in ballymount do a fitting. Your details will be stored for you too so if you need tham again they are easy to get.

Advertisement