Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiggle free delivery expired!

Options
  • 29-10-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭

I was ordering some accessories on wiggle this evening, upon checkout a delivery charge was being applied, changed country to UK, free delivery appeared,so Ireland seemingly has no longer free delivery. CRC still have free delivery, I'll deal there :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

From website:
    International Free Delivery

Wiggle offer free delivery worldwide. To qualify for free delivery outside of the UK a minimum spend is required. Please see our international deliveries page for more information.
    This might be new, don't remember having a minimum spend before...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

kenmc wrote: »
    From website:
    International Free Delivery

Wiggle offer free delivery worldwide. To qualify for free delivery outside of the UK a minimum spend is required. Please see our international deliveries page for more information.
    This might be new, don't remember having a minimum spend before...

They definitely hadn't any minimum spend before as I ordered a thumbscrew for a saris bones rack off them for less than 2quid and remember wondering how they could justify free dhl shipping for it given the small value!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Yeah hit pause on a badly needed new chain for my commuter because of this.

Will wait on principle until I need/can afford more bits.

My single speed and road bike do most of the work these days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

They changed this last week I think: 40 euro minimum order for free delivery. I was only after a small part so I changed to get it delivered to Belfast but they have also made it £10stg minimum order for free postage within UK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've held out on an order too and waiting till i need a few more bits and get the lot together. I'm guessing it will effect their sales and they may re-introduce it.

CRC, Slanecycles and Evans still offer free shipping to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Planet X wrote: »
    Parcel Motel.

+1 on this. €3.50 for delivery from Parcel Motel but very often well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,126 ✭✭✭✭Esel

clog wrote: »
    They changed this last week I think: 40 euro minimum order for free delivery. I was only after a small part so I changed to get it delivered to Belfast but they have also made it £10stg minimum order for free postage within UK.
    Planet X wrote: »
    Parcel Motel.
    See bold bit in clog's post above.
    Orion wrote: »
    +1 on this. €3.50 for delivery from Parcel Motel but very often well worth it.

So: over £40, free delivery; over £10, use ParcelMotel; under £10 - not sure! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I was expecting it.. mainly because of their ridiculous way of shipping stuff. I bought a tube of glue, and it was shipped in a box that you could fit size 12 shoes. I had complained to them before about how much packaging they are wasting but never got a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I was expecting it.. mainly because of their ridiculous way of shipping stuff. I bought a tube of glue, and it was shipped in a box that you could fit size 12 shoes. I had complained to them before about how much packaging they are wasting but never got a reply.

I've only ever gotten stuff in from them in padded envelopes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

AstraMonti wrote: »

+1

And CRC is just the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I think they've reversed the decision. I bought stuff today which cost €27 and I got free delivery. It was possibly effecting sales so maybe they've got rid of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The way they ship tires is a joke, absolutely huge boxes that are bigger than most one bedroom flats in town. Surely they'd save a fortune if they bought boxes that actually fitted them, they must ship enough of them to make it worth their time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    The way they ship tires is a joke, absolutely huge boxes that are bigger than most one bedroom flats in town. Surely they'd save a fortune if they bought boxes that actually fitted them, they must ship enough of them to make it worth their time too.

Or if they just twisted them into three coils...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I bought a pair of GP4000S's from them last month and the packaging was precisely appropriate to the size of the boxed tyres - thought they got it spot on actually. Good to see the free shipping back, it was a major enabler.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

There was a TV programme (UK) about the different charges for various box/parcel sizes. Some of the bigger boxes were cheaper than the smaller boxes - the postal service couldn't explain clearly why ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

CRC did a video, the boxes start out one of two sizes and are then packed as per the largest item in the box. Guess they treat small items the same as everything else so somethings aren't packed as efficiently as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Invincible

CJC999 wrote: »
    I think they've reversed the decision. I bought stuff today which cost €27 and I got free delivery. It was possibly effecting sales so maybe they've got rid of it again.

No, they're still charging:
    Items Subtotal (including discounts) €18.54
    Delivery cost from €6.08
    Order Subtotal €24.62

Same item on CRC is €19.49 delivered, so wiggle can sing for it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

hi,
    used wiggle for years and very happy. was trying to buy Speedo BioFUSE Paddle and got charged €6 delivery.. crazy, order cancelled..

Used to be free, moved to few € and now (IMHO) it s a bad bad company decision.

Any good website where i can get stuff without a ridiculous postal charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Don't see a major problem with it if they offer free delivery for orders exceeding a certain value.

Personally, I'd prefer for them to keep the costs of the products as low as possible, rather than a model where those buying more are subsidising free delivery to some who bought a pair of socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

I think they should recognize loyal customers that have bought stuff for years and based on the amount spent in those years , maybe offer free / much lower postage cost to those customers?? but anyway, this is just my idea. BioFuse cost €13 and i get charge €6 postage (€2 would be fair, €6 is half the value of what i m buying)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

turniton wrote: »
    I think they should recognize loyal customers that have bought stuff for years and based on the amount spent in those years , maybe offer free / much lower postage cost to those customers?? but anyway, this is just my idea. BioFuse cost €13 and i get charge €6 postage (€2 would be fair, €6 is half the value of what i m buying)
    They already offer up to 12% discount for loyal customers - there's always plenty of stuff I can top-up with to get me the free delivery (tyres, tubes, Hi-5 stuff, etc) and I tend to look out for the 20% off, or additional 10% off offers which make them cheaper than pretty much all the other UK online retailes (although probikekit have had some decent promotions recently)

Advertisement