Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me understand stem rise

Options
  • 29-10-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

I need to buy a shorter stem for my bike and was trying to figure out what angle/rise to get. I think the stem currently on the bike has a 6 degree rise. I had it flipped but refitted it the correct way about as it made no difference worth talking about to ride comfort (I get some slight neck pain after an hour or two cycling) Anyway I was trying to figure out which stem would give more rise, when fitted in the un-flipped/regular position, a 6 or 8 degree rise? I'm guessing it's the 6 degree stem which means if I were to get a 0 degree stem it would mean a slightly greater rise without the flipped stem look. Am I correct or have I got it the wrong way about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

CJC999 wrote: »
    I need to buy a shorter stem for my bike and was trying to figure out what angle/rise to get. I think the stem currently on the bike has a 6 degree rise. I had it flipped but refitted it the correct way about as it made no difference worth talking about to ride comfort (I get some slight neck pain after an hour or two cycling) Anyway I was trying to figure out which stem would give more rise, when fitted in the un-flipped/regular position, a 6 or 8 degree rise? I'm guessing it's the 6 degree stem which means if I were to get a 0 degree stem it would mean a slightly greater rise without the flipped stem look. Am I correct or have I got it the wrong way about?

All you need to know..
    http://www.brightspoke.com/t/bike-stem-calculator.html

you're welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

stemfit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Boi-oi-oi-oing!

Advertisement