Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic wheelset question

Options
  • 29-10-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Ok, so have a fairly basic question here i'm hoping for advice on. Have a giant rapid 8-speed bike and am looking to replace the stock wheels, which are worn a bit concave after 3 years riding. I'm planning on getting these:

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/shimano-racing-wheel-set-28700-c-wh-r501/aid:100100

The hubs say they are 100 and 130 mm front and rear, respectively. Rim width is 20.8 mm. Says its 8-speed compatible. Are these likely to fit my bike or is there something critical that i'm overlooking here? Don't want to overthink it, but i'm always worried when internet buying that i'll miss some critical detail!

All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

If memory serves me right then Giant Rapid bikes use standard 700c sized road wheels. The ones you have mentioned above should fit no problem.

Advertisement