Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A3 points for 2014

Options
  • 29-10-2013 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi all. Something somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind says that there was something up for discussion about A3/junior points being awarded separately (separate results) for races for 2014 season. AGM now over so does anyone have am update?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

it was mentioned before, but there was nothing about it at the agm, so it stays as it currently is, whereby points are awarded for position over the line regardless of junior or a3 licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Maybe the better Juniors will spend more of the year racing A1 races, like at this stage Eddie Dunbar is learning nothing from blitzing an A3 field

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

ericzeking wrote: »
    Maybe the better Juniors will spend more of the year racing A1 races, like at this stage Eddie Dunbar is learning nothing from blitzing an A3 field

Hopefully, there was a big jump in the level of races last year when top juniors were there in force... Nenagh for one comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Well I'm definitely getting older and would live to get to A2 and try it out but these guys aren't ageing at all! Oh well-more time on the steed required obviously! Dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

From what i can see they will spend most of the early season in the A3's races and just before the JT they will be allowed that's what happens most years as CI normally wont let them up without written permission from Junior coach.

They normally only let top level riders upgrade for certain amount of races and then the summer comes and they end of racing in Europe for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭i_surge

I can't find the CI AGM minutes anymore but was there something about upgrading Juniors on 50 or more points to A2?

Sounds about right to me, getting a hiding every week from future pros isn't much fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

What the minutes said was that a Junior upon reaching the age of senior rider would be granted an A3 licence. If they have amassed more than 50 points in their last year as a Junior they may opt straight for an A2 licence. No junior riders will be upgraded beyond A3.

there is an amnesty again this year (up until december 31st iirc) for anyone from a4,3 or 2 wanting to take an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

lennymc wrote: »
    there is an amnesty again this year (up until december 31st iirc) for anyone from a4,3 or 2 wanting to take an upgrade.

Can you go down as well ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Oooeerr Missus

• Advertisement

would ye not buy me dinner first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

lennymc wrote: »
    would ye not buy me dinner first?

you know what mean ;) anyway lenny your not my type :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

you know what mean ;) anyway lenny your not my type :D

Oh, don't you worry. We ALL know what you mean! You'd never get Lenny anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭wav1

You'll be needing all the hard racing you can get if you're to become a
    ''masters'' medalist in late June 2014?Also a dry ras will be neccessary for you.
    Bingo every night and bed early.

Advertisement