Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin warrenty

Options
  • 28-10-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone know who to contact in Ireland about Garmin warrenty replacement/repair work ?

Cheers zip,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Zippe wrote: »
    Hey,

Anyone know who to contact in Ireland about Garmin warrenty replacement/repair work ?

Cheers zip,

Freephone from UK landline: 0808 238 0000
    Within UK: 0870 850 1242
    Outside UK: +44 870 850 1242
    Support Hours

Mon–Fri: 8:30–17:30
    Western European Time (GMT/UTC)

http://www.garmin.com/uk/support/

Just sent off my Edge 500 £68.08 standard fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

codie wrote: »
    Freephone from UK landline: 0808 238 0000
    Within UK: 0870 850 1242
    Outside UK: +44 870 850 1242
    Support Hours

Mon–Fri: 8:30–17:30
    Western European Time (GMT/UTC)

http://www.garmin.com/uk/support/

Just sent off my Edge 500 £68.08 standard fee

I have 2 cadence units stoped working and a hrm so I might see if they can help me,

Cheers zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Did you change the batteries-stupid question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

codie wrote: »
    Did you change the batteries-stupid question

Ya,just done that and cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner in the hrm,done the same with the speed/cadence units but did not do any good,I know the speed/cadence units do give probs when the get wet but if I'm sending some stuff back I might aswell try the lot and see what they say,

Cheers zip,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

Try putting the battery in the wrong way round for about 10 seconds. This re-sets the transmitter ID. Then put it in the proper way and use the head unit to re scan
    Initially you have to be wearing the HRM or spinning wheel/cranks while re-scanning.
    I have got a few units working trying this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Big Eejit

Zippe wrote: »
    Ya,just done that and cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner in the hrm,done the same with the speed/cadence units but did not do any good,I know the speed/cadence units do give probs when the get wet but if I'm sending some stuff back I might aswell try the lot and see what they say,

Cheers zip,

I had some sort of problem with one of mine that wouldn't reset even with a new battery, contacted online support and they sent me a new one (They were known to have a problem with the reed switch inside - don't know if it's still the case - so Garmin just sent me out a new one, without bothering to ask you to send the old ones back). I did eventually fix the old one, which wasn't actually broken but was just confused (possibly because I had two at the time and they weren't pairing correctly to the GPS).

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

You can also contact them on product.support@garmin.com.

I dealt with them earlier this year re a Garmin 500 and found them very fast to reply via email (and very generous with their interpretation of a 12 months warranty period i.e. they treated it as still covered 4 months after the 12 months was up).

Advertisement