Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessories advice

Options
  • 28-10-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Pulled the trigger on a new Cube peleton race with shimano t400 click'r pedals. Was looking for a bit of advice on shoes, helmet and mudguards from the good people on here. Was quoted a (discounted) price of €100 for bontrager shoes, €100 for giro helmet and €50 for race blades mudguards. This is beyond my budget unfortunately. Can anyone recommend a cheap good pair of SPD shoes and a good budget helmet, not online though as I'd like to make sure both fit.
    Thanks all
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Jabel wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on a new Cube peleton race with shimano t400 click'r pedals. Was looking for a bit of advice on shoes, helmet and mudguards from the good people on here. Was quoted a (discounted) price of €100 for bontrager shoes, €100 for giro helmet and €50 for race blades mudguards. This is beyond my budget unfortunately. Can anyone recommend a cheap good pair of SPD shoes and a good budget helmet, not online though as I'd like to make sure both fit.
    Thanks all
    J

I've a bell helmet (can't remember off the top of my head.... Hey that's a decent pun.....as to which one it is) that I got in the bike hub in Howth for 50€ that's decent. But for the love of the baby Jenny's dont scrimp on a good helmet, it COULD Save your life!!!! As for mudguards, cand go far ring with curds. I bows the time to check online for offers on shoes but I'd check your lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

Jabel wrote: »
    Thanks all
    J

Hey,
    I always used the crud racer mudguards but all your doing I'd keeping others dry and a pain if your taking off the wheels to put bike in the car,most lads I've been out with use the bbb rear mudguard about €10/15 in the lbs and that's what I use now,it will keep your back dry,there is also a set called sks racer (I think) look good too,most important thing is the "helmet" this could save your life,look on crc they have helmets reduced by 50% or more,look at north wave shoes,some good prices online and you are safer check size if your buying online,could be safer by shoes from lbs as anything you save on buying them you could spend more posting them back if they don't fit,

Cheers zip,

Advertisement