Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterlock bike locks opinion?

Options
  • 27-10-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

B&Q are stocking these shackles with a gold sold secure rating for 33 euro. Is it worth picking up one of these? Are they half decent? For a gold rating it seems quite cheap. I just took a quick pic of one there in the store with my phone.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

not much use asking if we can't tell what model it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭mondeo

Seaneh wrote: »
    not much use asking if we can't tell what model it is.

model number is '8195'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

If it has the sold secure gold rating then it's a good lock, great price too, havent seen a gold rated lock under 60 yoyos anywhere

WillyFXP wrote: »
    If it has the sold secure gold rating then it's a good lock, great price too, havent seen a gold rated lock under 60 yoyos anywhere

It states clearly on the box that it has a gold rating. Could get two of these for the price of one Kryptonite evolution which is also a gold rating.
    For 33 euro its surely worth buying even as a secondary lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Looks good may pick one up myslef

• Advertisement

LG1234 wrote: »
    Looks good may pick one up myslef

Do it's super solid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

http://www.masterlock.eu/products/detail/BikeLocks/ULocks

13mm hardened steel and Sold Secure Gold? Looks like a bargain alright!

Which B&Q stocks it? Tallaght doesnt have it.

B&Q liffey Valley, there was 6 or 7 left when I was up there this morning buying a few bits n bobs.

I going to buy this lock until I seen the reviews. Lots of people had problems with the key sticking and not working at all after a few months. Probably best avoided.

• Advertisement
Advertisement