Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change the batteries on your lights

Options
  • 27-10-2013 5:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Clocks have gone back so it's darker earlier so don't forget to change the batteries on your lights.

I was looking at my lights earlier and thought they were grand, giving out good light. Then changed the batteries on one of them and it half blinded me!

I'd forgotten how strong the beams on it were when they were working at 100%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Also, check your lights' brightness at the *end* of your journey, not the beginning - batteries recover after being discharged, so your lights (with old batteries) might look fine when you first turn them on, but they'll fade horribly after only a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...and check that your rear light is actually visible to those travelling behind. Many commuters seem to have them obscured with mudguards, panniers, backpacks, clothing or have allowed the light to fall downwards or sideways.

Advertisement