Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

straight pull hub problems

Options
  • 26-10-2013 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Okay. I have been researching parts for a new set of wheels. I had settled on DTSwiss straight pull front and rear hubs with dt aero or sapim spokes and Stan's No Tubes Alpha 340 rims. I was discouraged today by a local dealer from using straight pull hubs as it is his experience that all too often the spokes pull out of the hubs, damaging the hubs irreparably. He says they are for racers who are more concerned with weight and who do not expect longevity from the wheels.

Can people who have straight pull hubs comment? Are people having problems with spoke heads ripping through the hub holes, unseating and doing damage that cannot be repaired? Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I've used Fulcrum Racing 3s for the past 3 years, 2 pairs on two bikes, total mileage about 20,000Kms. I've never had any problems. I'm no lightweight.
    I would have thought, that straight spokes would be less likely to break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Lawr

Same here. In fact, I think that it was the stress on elbowed spokes that inspired straight pulls. Go figure.

Advertisement