Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddles

Options
  • 25-10-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Its pay day and I'm looking for a new saddle, a more comfortable one than the one that came with my Carrera TDF, its like sitting on a rock for 2-3hours!

Do the ones with the cutout really make a difference to the delicate bits, was thinking of one of them?

Any suggestions ona good saddle to release some of the discomfort on longish journeys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I recently purchased a Selle SMP TRK and my dangly bits love me for it :-), its heavy but well padded and cheap(ish) to test out the slits.

I do not have have readjust my self every mile or so anymore and where I struggled with 15 mile plus a few weeks ago I now push 40 miles with little or no readjustments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Its pay day and I'm looking for a new saddle, a more comfortable one than the one that came with my Carrera TDF, its like sitting on a rock for 2-3hours!

Do the ones with the cutout really make a difference to the delicate bits, was thinking of one of them?

Any suggestions ona good saddle to release some of the discomfort on longish journeys

go with one of the big names and you cant gor wrong..
    selle italia..
    selle san marco..
    fizik...

your body shape and dimensions mean that you will have to try a few before you get the "perfect" fit... if it exists!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

What do people here have themselves? Fizik, Selle Italia or something else? Not looking for a Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

No Pants wrote: »
    What do people here have themselves? Fizik, Selle Italia or something else? Not looking for a Brooks.
    Selle Italia SLS, excellent saddle. Have it as a spare one, as I got recently a Prologo Scratch. Also great one, but I think the SLS Selle suited me little better though (it is personal as you know).

Before that I had a Specialized Romin Evo Pro (wasn't for me), a couple of Fizik's Arione (one was OK, the other one painful) and a Prologo Kappa.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

I'll a fan of the split noes/cut outs, using 2 Ism Adamo saddles. Adamo Prologue on my road bike and Adamo TT on my TT bike. I can cycle on them without even having a chamois in my cycle shorts and they are glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 835 ✭✭✭countrykid

No Pants wrote: »

Selle Italia flite 1990 and selle Italia slr's for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Best saddle I've used for my wide sit bones and rather sensitive perineum is the SMP TRK, but it's fugly and heavy. I'm currently using a prologo zero II PAS, but the cutout is far too narrow. I've ordered a Selle Italia Max slr gel flow as the cutout is much longer and wider, so hopefully that will do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

I have one of these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/selle-italia-q-bik-flow-saddle/rp-prod82171
    Perfect for me (and minding that bit of cartilage:P)... and not a bad price either.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

After cycling a few 100km cycles on the stock saddle that came with my kellys bike and been very numb afterwards I got myself a sella italia max flow
    Very happy with it
    Measure your sit bones make sure you get the right width saddle
    If your in Dublin cycle super store used to have a selection of saddles you can take and test ride

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I recently bought a Prologo Kappa PAS which has a cut out. I've only been out 4 or 5 times for short 30km spins and its all good so far. I had a Prologo scratch prior to it and used to go numb after 30-40 minutes. Hoping the kappa alleviates the problem. The kappa is designed for longer spins and has a curved/sloped sit area. If i find that I'm still going numb on longer spins I'm going to get a Prologo Zero PAS which is a flat saddle which might suit me better as I move about on the saddle quite a bit. Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I like the Fizik Aliante myself. Use it with and without padded shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

CJC999 wrote: »
    I recently bought a Prologo Kappa PAS which has a cut out. I've only been out 4 or 5 times for short 30km spins and its all good so far. I had a Prologo scratch prior to it and used to go numb after 30-40 minutes. Hoping the kappa alleviates the problem. The kappa is designed for longer spins and has a curved/sloped sit area. If i find that I'm still going numb on longer spins I'm going to get a Prologo Zero PAS which is a flat saddle which might suit me better as I move about on the saddle quite a bit. Time will tell.

Gimme a shout if you want a zero II PAS, I'll be selling mine when my selle italia arrives. It's the T2.0 rail version. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prologo-zero-ii-pas-t2-0-saddle/rp-prod112242 this one with a red clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Charge spoon or charge scoop get great reviews for comfort and don't break the bank

Advertisement