Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P54 of ProCycling Oct issue-Nibal on front

Options
  • 24-10-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

There is a pic of Bauke Mollema on page 54 and on the top of his levers are two circular things, what are they for? They are DI2 levers

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Cup holders?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

No idea, but here's a pic for someone else to tell you:

277556.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

I think they may be cylinders for a hydraulic braking system, i.e., oil or liquid filled reservoirs for displacement under braking. I did see some riders use these in an event earlier in the year.

www.bikerumor.com/2012/01/15/hydraulic-shimano-dura-ace-brake-lever-leaked/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nothing so exotic lads. Bauke has a mild allergy to rubber, so he's taken off the rubber hood cover. Think it's a standard lever otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I think it's for mounting a mirror. Handy for Schleck, save him having to always look back to see where the bro is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭rochefan

Thanks for that, it was bugging me loads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Nothing so exotic lads. Bauke has a mild allergy to rubber, so he's taken off the rubber hood cover.

Now, for some reason, all I can think of is this:

Terminator-008.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

That's some nasty road rash right there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

buffalo wrote: »
    No idea, but here's a pic for someone else to tell you:

277556.jpg

What brakes has he got? Or should I say brake 'cos there doesn't appear to be any on the front!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What brakes has he got? Or should I say brake 'cos there doesn't appear to be any on the front!

Yeah there is, the right side lever (as you look at the picture) cable goes to the front brake caliper.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gallery/article/tour-de-france-stages-6-and-7-tech-gallery-37834/9/

On the Propel (which he is using here) the front brake is situated behind the front fork, for aero reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

On the Propel (which he is using here) the front brake is situated behind the front fork, for aero reasons.

For pure shame reasons, more like, as pretty much a v-brake on a pro road bike it's probably afraid to show its face to the front.

Advertisement