Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike trade in or sell

Options
  • 24-10-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭

Posted this in the cycling adverts section by mistake.

Hi folks , so I'm thinking of upgrading my bike soon , in your opinion would I be better off selling my bike privately or trading it in with the bike shop where I would be buying my new one , I've never traded in before , has anyone got any experience trading in , do they give you a good deal or screw you ,I understand that each bike shop will be different but people's experience would be great to hear , I'd prefer to do it all through the shop if it were to work out ok because I need the money from the sale of my bike to put towards the price of my new bike so if I was to sell it privately it could delay things and I don't think I could go a few days without a bike . Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Generally shops barely give you 50% of the second hand price of the bike, so you're much better off selling it privately. Stick it up for sale, and you could always try and get a small credit union loan or put it on a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Generally shops barely give you 50% of the second hand price of the bike, so you're much better off selling it privately. Stick it up for sale, and you could always try and get a small credit union loan or put it on a credit card.

50%:eek:
    Keep an eye out here for my bike so :o

Advertisement