Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat from light

Options
  • 24-10-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Hi just bought a magiicshine MJ880 incredible light but the heat from it on full power is mental just wondering if there any risk of damage to the carbon fibre handlebars anybody else use of these that could give me some advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Just go faster and it will keep it cool! :D

I think you would need a LOT of bike lights on max power before your bars would start to melt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Hi just bought a magiicshine MJ880 incredible light but the heat from it on full power is mental just wondering if there any risk of damage to the carbon fibre handlebars anybody else use of these that could give me some advice

They do rely on air cooling. If you stop for a period of time, lower the brightness, or turn it off, or it will overheat. Doubt if it would be enough to damage bars.

Advertisement